Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2007, 02:54 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,379,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsdove View Post
I know one of the managers that works at Puelos on Merchant's....not sure why it wouldn't have been on their site. Next time I talk to him I'll see if I can find out the scoop. Or you can just go down there and eat and grill them.
Haha! Cute
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-07-2007, 03:00 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,112,648 times
Yeah. I pick the latter option.

Old 09-28-2007, 05:16 PM

My husband and I had our weekly lunch date today, and went to the Merchant's Puelo's. Gosh, their fried green tomatoes are a thing of beauty.

The waiter said that location is often overlooked, and many people don't know that it's there, but the Straw Plains location is always packed. I forgot to mention the website situation.

I didn't have the chocolate lasagna, but saw a picture of it. It was even prettier than the fried green tomatoes!

My husband and I discussed how it is really wonderful to be waited on by UT students. They are also employed at the Hilton, and are such a great bunch of polite young people.

Old 10-01-2007, 04:57 PM

119 posts, read 395,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I know that there is a Puelo's in Straw Plains and Cedar Bluff. However, I now noticed one on Merchant's. My husband says it's always been there. However, it is not listed on their website. Anyone know why?

We went to one in Knoxville, right off the expressway (I can't remember now if we were on I-75 or I-40). I believe there was a LaQuinta Inn very near it.
Wonderful food! I had the chicken pot pie and loved it!

Old 10-01-2007, 05:24 PM

42 posts, read 131,609 times
We went to Puelo's in Stawberry Plains Pike and it was terrible. We must have hit a bad day. I got a crab cake. Worse I ever ate. Afraid to try them again. I hate throwing away money on a meal I don't enjoy. They're not that cheap.

Old 10-05-2007, 02:26 PM

In the interest of research and for my friend SmokyMtnGal, I ordered the chocolate lasagna after our lunch today. I got it to go for Lauren and I to share. We both thought that it was very sweet but wonderful!

Oh, the deep-fried asparagus was great! Only Tennessee would come up with the idea to deep-fry healthy food. You got to love it!

Old 10-05-2007, 10:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,107,414 times
Quote:
In the interest of research and for my friend SmokyMtnGal, I ordered the chocolate lasagna after our lunch today. I got it to go for Lauren and I to share. We both thought that it was very sweet but wonderful!

Oh, the deep-fried asparagus was great! Only Tennessee would come up with the idea to deep-fry healthy food. You got to love it!
That is good to hear about the chocolate lasagna, hiknapster. When I told DH about it he said it had to be taste tested first before he would try it. He said that between you and SmokyMtnGal giving it a thumbs up, he is game in the next two weeks. (He will love it - hey, it has chocolate in it, right? Sure hit!)

The asparagus sounds yummy, too. Anything deep-fried is a good bet in this house. The greasier, the better.

Old 10-06-2007, 03:26 AM

16,174 posts, read 32,379,513 times
Quote:

Hik, Ha! Loved your post I am glad to hear of the chocolate lasagna from someone that has actually tried it. I have a couple of trips to Puleo's in my future and I will order it as well. I love pan fried asparagus so I can't wait to try their dish!!! Thanks for the update!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville