Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-05-2011, 01:41 PM

394 posts, read 794,558 times

Advertisements

Has anybody had any experience with assisted living facilities with memory units preferably in the west Knox area?

Currently looking at Elmcroft, Williamsburg Villas, Atria Senior Living, Arbor Terrace and Heritage Assisted Living.

Trying to keep the list reasonably short. DM if you want to.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2011, 04:10 PM

4,704 posts, read 25,301,161 times
The only experience I have is when my Mother was at NHC in Farragut. I don't know if they have a memory unit or not. She was there in assisted living, and also on the health care side. They treated her great.

Old 07-05-2011, 06:05 PM

110 posts, read 213,415 times
My family had a great experience with Arbor Terrace. One grandparent had memory issues, the other did not. Arbor Terrace made it possible for them to stay together. Friendly staff, always clean...a very nice environment.

Good luck!

Old 07-06-2011, 11:14 AM

374 posts, read 945,684 times
Ask for resident's family referrals and call them personally to ask questions.

Ask to see the state inspection report (which is probably too big to actually read) but mostly ask if there were any deficiencies. You can also call the Ombudsman's office, listed through ETHRA, to inquire about deficiencies and to see if complaints have been lodged. DM me you have additional questions.

Old 07-12-2011, 02:03 PM

57 posts, read 150,931 times
Looked at all of these for my grandmother a few years back. I really liked arbor terrace and elmcroft and gave her the choice. My grandmother eventually chose Elmcroft because of how they made her feel. She has been there for 5 years now and is still very happy. No place is perfect but they do a really good job of caring well. Hope this helps!

Old 08-12-2011, 04:38 PM

603 posts, read 2,339,929 times
My father-in-law is in the Elmcroft facility. However, he is in the Alzheimer unit in the Halls area which is in north Knoxville. I think they have a facility in west knox but I don't know anything about it. I can tell you that the one in Halls is great. They have 2 buildings--an assisted living facility and an alzheimer unit which is a secure building. He started out in assisted living and has his memory worsened, he was moved to the secure building.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville