U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-14-2011, 05:00 PM

18 posts, read 26,848 times

Advertisements

Hey guys! I'm new here and looking for some opinions. I am planning my best friends Bachelorette party in early October and we are thinking Knoxville because its an easy drive for everyone and still a bit of a vacation for them! (they live in the tri-cities area, I'm originally from there, but now in North Knox, and still learning the area)
But I need some suggestions:
Hotel: we are thinking west/cedar bluff/turkey creek area. Any to def. check out/avoid? We'd love another option besides a hotel! but all we've found have had a 2 night min. and we cant do that with everyones schedule!
Limo/Taxi: we are going to go to a nice dinner downtown most likely and then go to NV or Southbound and be goofy for a while. We obviously dont want to worry about driving or getting a DD, but we also dont want to drop a stupid amount of money for the night.
Brunch: we want to do a nice brunch the next morning
Salon: pedicures are a must. a bit of relaxation before going home! Where should we go for that?

Thanks in advance guys!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2011, 10:08 AM

610 posts, read 789,858 times
Why don't you stay downtown? Then you wouldn't have to worry about taxi/limo fare, and could walk to dinner and the bars.
Definitely need to plan for an AWAY game on UT's schedule. It'll be very hard to get a hotel on a home game.
Brunch at Lakeside Tavern would be really pretty and fun if you want to make the drive (20 minutes from downtown) the next morning.
Southbound, NV, Carleo's, Preservation Pub, anything downtown would be great fun. Cafe 4 maybe for dinner...

For pedicures, I love the Nail Bar on Lovell. Nothing like a glass of wine with your pedicure...

Old 08-15-2011, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by airen123 View Post
Why don't you stay downtown? Then you wouldn't have to worry about taxi/limo fare, and could walk to dinner and the bars.
Definitely need to plan for an AWAY game on UT's schedule. It'll be very hard to get a hotel on a home game.
Brunch at Lakeside Tavern would be really pretty and fun if you want to make the drive (20 minutes from downtown) the next morning.
Southbound, NV, Carleo's, Preservation Pub, anything downtown would be great fun. Cafe 4 maybe for dinner...

For pedicures, I love the Nail Bar on Lovell. Nothing like a glass of wine with your pedicure...

Unfortunately we already have a date set (its when the fiance is doing his party too, and the only weekend all the bridesmaids have off together) and its during a home game. And the hotels near downtown have been booked or have raised their prices.. which sucks!

Lakeside Tavern could be a def. possibility! Southbound and NV are both def. high on our list! Havent been to Cafe4 yet, but I will check the out!

I've heard great things about the Nail Bar! Any clue if they have Sunday hours?

Old 08-15-2011, 11:06 AM

610 posts, read 789,858 times
At least you'll be in the ambiance of a crowded downtown that weekend...great fun
I couldn't find the hours online, their number is 865-966-1517, I also like Soho in TC and they give you wine and champagne too, check them if Nail Bar cannot...

Old 08-15-2011, 03:43 PM

453 posts, read 564,857 times
Club NV is definitely the place to go to the club that night. I see bachlorette parties there most saturday nights. I've heard the bistro at the bijou has a really good sunday brunch.

Old 08-17-2011, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
Club NV is definitely the place to go to the club that night. I see bachlorette parties there most saturday nights. I've heard the bistro at the bijou has a really good sunday brunch.
Thank you! That makes me happy! We booked a VIP room there last night so its nice to hear that its a cool place!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville