Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-29-2011, 12:19 PM

3 posts, read 3,602 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone,

I have been reading a lot of post on here for a little while and finally decided I would try and get some help just like everyone else. Me and my wife live in South GA now and are looking to relocate to Knoxville. She is a RN and will more than likely be working at UTmedical and I am a student that will be starting RN school at UT. I know hardly anything of the area and we are trying to figure out where to live. We are young (20 and 22) but we do not like the crazy college scene, we are married and would enjoy meeting other couples. We are not looking to buy a house but rather rent one or a nicer/newer town home, we would settle for a apartment but would prefer it to be upscale and or new, our budget for a place is 1,000 (max). Of course we would like it to be in a safe area not to far from our work and school (30min max). We enjoy local shops and restaurants and are big fresh market and earth fare fans. We have been trying to find places but the things we find seem to be really out dated and old/bland looking. Any help would be appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-29-2011, 02:46 PM

21 posts, read 30,596 times
West Knox comes to mind. Turkey creek/faragut is a bit more "upscale" yet well within your budget. I was just up there house/apartment shopping and there a TON of beautiful 2 and some 3 bedroom homes for rent at or near that price point. Its a bit away from downtown but only 20-25 minutes from ut in traffic. Plenty of shopping in a 5 minute drive. Some very nice apartments too with all the updates...granite, hardwood, gas fireplace etc. We have a large family so we decided on some older homes in the cedar bluff bearden area. With a budget of 1000 max you should have no problem finding a nice 2/2 apartment or even a condo with that modern feel. The downtown places I looked at just seemed far too small in square footage for the money. Drive 15-20 minutes outside of downtown in any directions and you can get a nice bang for your buck.

Old 12-29-2011, 06:16 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
The perfect area is going to be Bearden/West Hills/West Knoxville. It's near UT, hospitals and there is a Fresh Market and Earth Fare. The Grove at Deane Hill comes to mind but there is also The Reserve at Westland and Bell Walker's Crossing. I have a friend that lives at Copper Pointe and loves it there. There are many others.

Of course my favorite apartment complex that is right in Bearden is the 414 Forest Park. It's a very old building that has been renovated. The Google Street View is pre-renovation. It still may not be your cup of tea but they've done a beautiful job and the location cannot be beat.

It's not true that you get a better bang for your buck in Farragut. Besides the immediate downtown area, Farragut is the second most expensive area in Knox County. And if attending UT plus working in a downtown hospital the ride might get tedious. But downtown is not going to get you new rentals or reasonable prices. The best bang for the buck, in my opinion, is north of downtown. Steeplechase is newer and in a great location.

Old 12-29-2011, 08:31 PM

Thanks for the replies so far our favorite is Bell Walker's Crossing. We are making a trip within the next couple of weeks and plan on doing a lot of browsing, thank you for the help and I continue to welcome more input.

Old 12-29-2011, 09:56 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by powell0892 View Post
Thanks for the replies so far our favorite is Bell Walker's Crossing. We are making a trip within the next couple of weeks and plan on doing a lot of browsing, thank you for the help and I continue to welcome more input.
I think Bell Walker's is an excellent location and choice. Just off the highway and down the street from Parkwest Hospital, too.

Old 12-30-2011, 10:23 PM

Anybody heard or know anything about Greystone Summit besides the fact that they are extremely expensive?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: