U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-31-2012, 09:09 AM

345 posts, read 362,007 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Mrs. Mopar, I was just about to try Apple Barn so thank you, thank you, thank you for taking one for the team. I owe you.

There are a lot of people that take almost every vacation to the area and swear by that place but I noticed that a lot of them don't have the sames tastes as me. So this is no surprise.

I have yet to try Sweet P's but I really, really want to!
Yea for me! Taking one for the team. I'm happy to help!!

I'm glad you aren't going, it's a waste of money. If that is something you are looking for as far as an apple farm and home cookin', you must try Carver's. Plus the drive is really nice. Just don't speed going thru Cosby....trust me, their one cop on duty is right there, clocking people coming out of the 55 to 45 mph zone....

I know people think that place is awesome, maybe your taste bud's change when you go on vacation?

For the life of me I cannot understand why people come back time and time again to the Dixie Stampede and think their food is great. I am no chef, culinary artist or the like...just a mom who was taught how to cook by her great grandma, grandma and mother. I don't think I'm better than anyone else as far as cooking, I do enjoy it, but I'm no Master Chef. I just cannot see how people think a greasy cornish game hen, a dry-as-a-bone slice of pork loin, a unseasoned slab of potato, an over cooked piece of corn on the cob and a cup of powdered soup is something to come back for....again and again. It is dark in there, maybe they think they are eating something better? But, that aside, the show is amazing. The buffalo run is something I'll never forget. Just the sounds and the sights...the sheer force of those animals. Whew.

I'm going to try Sweet P's out next week. We're on a stay-cation, so we'll have the opportunity to do things during the week we wouldn't normally do.

Hope y'all have a great holiday weekend! Be safe and enjoy!
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2012, 11:23 AM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 6 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,047,160 times
Can we talk food trucks, people?

I was responding to another thread and came across a Metro Pulse article that said there weren't any food trucks except for one, possibly two, with Mexican food. Since then, it seems the food truck landscape has exploded. I came across this website that has some of our food trucks listed. There is also Cruze Farm Girl and Chef Deuce. Anyone enjoying the new food trucks?

Old 08-31-2012, 11:49 AM

Found this one, too.

Farm to Taco - Home

Old 08-31-2012, 01:04 PM

345 posts, read 362,007 times
OK, so yesterday we stopped at Pizza Palace on the way home.

I've been told many things about this place. One of the most important being "cash only"!!

I was told to order the onion rings, no matter what.

I got the spaghetti with meat sauce, hubby ordered a pizza with pepperoni and sausage and we got one full order of rings. First, it about killed me driving home smelling that stack of o'rings.

All I can say is WOW!!! I don't think I've ever had onion rings like that...amazing! I could have just eaten that and been good. The spaghetti was great...the meat sauce has a bit of a spice bite to it...I can't place it but it's good! Hubby just kept saying "mmmm" while he was eating his pizza, I had a small slice and oh yeah, it's good.

Next time I'm tryin' the burger, I was told that was 'da bomb.

Sure, it's not it a nice part of town but so what. No one bothered us, we took it to go, no harm no foul.

A huge hit at our house...looking forward to my next visit.

Old 08-31-2012, 03:38 PM

9,097 posts, read 21,736,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrsMopar View Post
OK, so yesterday we stopped at Pizza Palace on the way home.

I've been told many things about this place. One of the most important being "cash only"!!

I was told to order the onion rings, no matter what.

I got the spaghetti with meat sauce, hubby ordered a pizza with pepperoni and sausage and we got one full order of rings. First, it about killed me driving home smelling that stack of o'rings.

All I can say is WOW!!! I don't think I've ever had onion rings like that...amazing! I could have just eaten that and been good. The spaghetti was great...the meat sauce has a bit of a spice bite to it...I can't place it but it's good! Hubby just kept saying "mmmm" while he was eating his pizza, I had a small slice and oh yeah, it's good.

Next time I'm tryin' the burger, I was told that was 'da bomb.

Sure, it's not it a nice part of town but so what. No one bothered us, we took it to go, no harm no foul.

A huge hit at our house...looking forward to my next visit.
I am a huge fan of Pizza Palace, too, but not for their pizza. I honestly don't get why so many people love their pizza. But I do love love love their spaghetti, and their burgers are outrageously good. The burgers aren't gourmet, just honest, thick, juicy, messy American burgers. There's nothing healthy about Pizza Palace in the slightest (well, maybe the Greek salad), and being in East Knoxville is part of the adventure!

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win

Old 08-31-2012, 03:45 PM

Yes, Pizza Palace is not in the best neighborhood. In fact many would argue that it is the worst. But I've never felt unsafe there. I've never been in any area of Knoxville where I felt terrified. I agree with you both!

I don't care much for their pizza. Not the worst, though. That award goes to Pizza Hut. My daughter and I wanted to treat ourselves and she was sick so we got delivery, last Friday. I had it about a year ago and it didn't seem as good as it use to be. Well, it was God-awful. Seriously. So stinking dry. It seemed kind of stale, too, though I can't imagine why. What happened to that crisp, buttery crust? And whatever happened to the wonderful garlic cheese bread. Now you can get better in the frozen foods section of the grocery store.

Anyway, I didn't know that about Pizza Palace's burgers. I rarely eat burgers now because they never seem good anymore. I have to give them a try!

Old 09-02-2012, 04:07 AM

42 posts, read 18,972 times
We used our complimentary meals certificate to give chuy's another try. Free didn't make it taste any better.

It's not bad food. It's just food. Nothing special or particularly outstanding and the dishes we tried were pretty much one note affairs.

Old 09-02-2012, 06:39 AM

331 posts, read 618,199 times
Thanks, TNTim for that interesting info. Didn't know there was a "Knox Originals". I passed this on to the hubby since he was the one who thought RHR was a chain! Went to the Rankin Restaurant for the first time yesterday. Great breakfast and under $14.00 for the two of us. Will have to give Pizza Palace a try. Have to be in the mood for pizza but I love a good burger and great spaghetti! Great tips here, everyone. Thanks.

Old 09-05-2012, 03:05 AM

968 posts, read 804,492 times
We had Border Tacos today on Campbell Station Rd. It was a more authentic version of Qdoba, Moe's etc.

Old 09-12-2012, 03:31 PM

45 posts, read 45,592 times
Fountain City Diner, great food, all homemade, no frozen or canned stuff. We have eaten there 4 or 5 times and every meal has been fantastic. Be sure to leave room for dessert
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville