Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-21-2012, 05:25 PM

2 posts, read 5,781 times

Advertisements

This afternoon - appetizers at Cheddar's (Bearden location.). We sat at the bar by choice - we frequently d that as we tend to get better service at the bar top.
Our bartender was working her tail off but still gave us exceptional service. Their onion rings are dee-lish!

Earlier this week we went to Wild Wing Cafe to see some friends performing. I wasn't sure what to expect food-wise. Let me just say I will be sure to eat before I go should I ever decide to return. I ordered the loaded potato chips. First, the service took FOREVER -both in drinks (soft) and food. When the food finally arrived, the server made a big deal of saying "Oooh - don't touch this plate! It's very hot!" Hahahahaha! The melted cheese had already coagulated on the plate. Ick.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-22-2012, 05:32 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,100 times
Today we're going for the lunch buffet at Bombay Palace...

I'll be back later to update this post with my reaction!

Old 12-22-2012, 11:48 AM

Update from Bombay Palace!

Not too bad! The service was very friendly and they seemed glad we came. They even have cards that they punch for the buffet, once you reach the end your next buffet is free.

I didnt feel it was better or worse than Sitar (our other Knoxville favorite), but since it's closer to us we'll end up there more often. Plus, we have the punch cards. :-)

Give it a try if you're in/around Turkey Creek. It's well worth the visit.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:47 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
Update from Bombay Palace!

Not too bad! The service was very friendly and they seemed glad we came. They even have cards that they punch for the buffet, once you reach the end your next buffet is free.

I didnt feel it was better or worse than Sitar (our other Knoxville favorite), but since it's closer to us we'll end up there more often. Plus, we have the punch cards. :-)

Give it a try if you're in/around Turkey Creek. It's well worth the visit.
I will. It's near where I work. I've only eaten Indian food once, many years ago. I was with an Indian friend who did all the ordering for me. I've never tried it again because I don't know what to get. What would you suggest?

Old 12-23-2012, 11:58 AM

Since you're not vegetarian you should try the chicken tikka thats on the buffet. I didnt have it but I used to eat meat and theirs looked really good. Really, try everything on the buffet. Its all good and a great way to try everything. Its cheap and beats only getting to order one or two things from the menu. If it doesnt have "lamb, chicken, fish etc" in the name thats on the buffet you can assume its vegetarian. They had theirs labeled pretty well for those who arent familiar.

Old 12-23-2012, 02:33 PM

455 posts, read 669,367 times
We love Tomato Head and Newks. Not fancy places, but great and consistent food. Love the pizza at Newks, goes well with a half simply salad. Also enjoy their half chicken salad, half simply salad combo. We have gone to all the Tomato Head locations, we were sorry to see the Maryville location go, but the one in West Knox is larger and seems to be doing very well. Tried Tupelo Honey twice. Enjoy their biscuits ALOT, but the rest of the food is so, so. Can't beat the location in Market Square though! We like Connors at Turkey Creek for a special occasion.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:01 AM

283 posts, read 899,809 times
Hik - just try the buffet! The staff is usually really helpful and will point out the really spicy stuff if you don't like it. I love to get the buffet so I can try everything! I have rarely had anything I didn't like, and I never remember what I ate, so it is a fun experience every time we go! Oh wait - I love Tandori Chicken, even tho I mostly like the vegetarian dishes.

Didn't know about the Bombay Palace - we love both Sitar and the other one on Kingston Pike (can't think of the name!). will have to try it next time we are in town. Love the idea of the punch card and free food!

Old 12-24-2012, 09:03 AM

283 posts, read 899,809 times
Oh duh, forgot to add where we ate yesterday - Puleo's at Cedar Bluff. Got the Sunday brunch buffet - delicious, lots of choices, and worth every penny.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:16 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykat&joe View Post
Oh duh, forgot to add where we ate yesterday - Puleo's at Cedar Bluff. Got the Sunday brunch buffet - delicious, lots of choices, and worth every penny.
Thanks for the advice. I've run out of reps for you, today! Your answer to that vet was excellent!

Anyway, I had no idea that Puleo's is now doing a Sunday brunch buffet. I can't wait to try this!

Old 12-24-2012, 11:56 AM

I had no idea either....I may need to check it out as well.

We ate at Zoe's Kitchen in Turkey Creek today. It was good as usual, our second time to a Zoe's. The other one is in Bearden. Its delicious! Here's the website for those interested....

Zoes Kitchen - home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville