Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-24-2012, 11:58 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,355,887 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TennesseeFAN View Post
We love Tomato Head and Newks. Not fancy places, but great and consistent food. Love the pizza at Newks, goes well with a half simply salad. Also enjoy their half chicken salad, half simply salad combo. We have gone to all the Tomato Head locations, we were sorry to see the Maryville location go, but the one in West Knox is larger and seems to be doing very well. Tried Tupelo Honey twice. Enjoy their biscuits ALOT, but the rest of the food is so, so. Can't beat the location in Market Square though! We like Connors at Turkey Creek for a special occasion.
I think we have similar tastes. I thought Tupelo was so so but the location is excellent.

The Tomato Head in West Knoxville is doing quite well, especially during the holidays....

Holiday traffic brings boost to businesses near West Town Mall | wbir.com

Also, their Market Square spot is soon to grow...

http://www.wate.com/story/20383378/t...quare-location
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2012, 02:01 PM

283 posts, read 899,744 times
So, I looked up the location for Bombay Palace. They only have a Facebook page... and their pics show "taste of India" - what gives? That reminds me of an Indian restaurant we were looking for during a trip to Morgantown WV., had a different name on their sign and it took us a couple of days to figure out that was the place.

Also, how much is the buffet?

Old 12-24-2012, 02:21 PM

The buffet is 7.99 I believe. If not it's really close to that.

The Taste of India used to be a restaurant, owned by the same people, in Pigeon Forge. They now have opened Bombay Palace. I am not sure if Taste of India is open anymore or not, I dont go to Pigeon Forge very often.

Old 12-28-2012, 01:00 PM

28 posts, read 66,303 times
Lunch today- Meksiko Cantina off Kingston Pike in the West End area in Farragut. $5 lunch special chimichangas were excellent with nicer presentation than many places, waitress memorized orders accurately and provided attentive service. Atmosphere is clean, unlike another place nearby that had flies and poorly functioning a/c during our last visit. Guacamole and salsa were seasoned nicely, not too spicy, but not too bland. Portion sizes were good, and they substitued black beans for refried beans upon request. It was only my 2nd time there, but I think we found a new favorite Mexican spot for lunch.

Old 12-28-2012, 02:10 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,287,634 times
Ditto on Meksiko. My only complaint is service is a little slow sometimes at dinner. Mario also owns Shrimp, Oysters and Beer on Campbell Station Rd, right next to I40 offramp. Good food there too!

Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,259,284 times
Meksiko has been getting really bad health scores for the past year.

Here's the most recent.

Farragut restaurant receives low inspection score for chicken

Old 12-28-2012, 03:45 PM

28 posts, read 66,303 times
Yuck... they say the best time to visit a place is right after a failing score. No wonder it was not as busy as I expected.

Old 12-28-2012, 06:26 PM

We were in Knoxville today, and ended up in the Bearden area around lunchtime. Stopped by a new antique/art type shop, Artifactia, did some antique-ing, and had lunch at Sitar, and picked up some spices at the Indian grocery store. Didn't make it all the way out west to Bombay Palace. Oh well! Sitar was pretty good, has a small buffet, so less choices than Taj which is further west on Kingston Pike and is our top pick so far. Bombay Palace will have to wait for the next time.

Old 12-29-2012, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sassykat&joe View Post
We were in Knoxville today, and ended up in the Bearden area around lunchtime. Stopped by a new antique/art type shop, Artifactia, did some antique-ing, and had lunch at Sitar, and picked up some spices at the Indian grocery store. Didn't make it all the way out west to Bombay Palace. Oh well! Sitar was pretty good, has a small buffet, so less choices than Taj which is further west on Kingston Pike and is our top pick so far. Bombay Palace will have to wait for the next time.
The last time I went to Taj for the buffet it was really small. Has that changed? I always thought Sitar's buffet had many more choices.

Where is there an Indian grocer near Sitar? The ones I know are at Downtown West Blvd.

Old 12-30-2012, 05:46 AM

There are 2 Indian groceries, and a Turkish grocery in a shopping center near the mall. It is only a couple of miles from Sitar, I think, as it seems like we only drive a few minutes between the two locations. Your perception of the distance may differ; after all, we drive about an hour to get to Knoxville. We usually come to town once a week or so, and either start with the eastern end or western end and work our way to the other end, making a big circle, before heading back home.

Oh - and the last place we ate before this was at Sonny's barbeque near the Marketplace area. I just discovered the hand rubbed ribs. yummy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville