Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2007, 02:48 PM

136 posts, read 461,981 times

Advertisements

Last weekend my wife and I went to a liquor store in Turkey Creek that was having a going out of business sale. My wife asked the owner why he was closing, and he said that he would not be able to compete with the Costco that was coming to the area, and would have a store to sell wine and liquor as part of their "complex." He said they were going to be right near the corner of Campbell Station and Parkside across from the First Tennesse branch. We drove by the area, and they are grading it, and I guess it looks big enough for a Costco,.

Anyone else heard about this? If true, it will be a great addition.

Jeff
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2007, 02:51 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exrvi View Post
Last weekend my wife and I went to a liquor store in Turkey Creek that was having a going out of business sale. My wife asked the owner why he was closing, and he said that he would not be able to compete with the Costco that was coming to the area, and would have a store to sell wine and liquor as part of their "complex." He said they were going to be right near the corner of Campbell Station and Parkside across from the First Tennesse branch. We drove by the area, and they are grading it, and I guess it looks big enough for a Costco,.

Anyone else heard about this? If true, it will be a great addition.

Jeff
I've heard that Costco was trying to secure land in the Knoxville area, and that part of town would definitely be a good fit. I love Costco and hope the rumors are true.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:59 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,392,121 times
Oh, wow, I would be a happy shopper! Luv Costco, but I'm surprised they're moving into Sam's Country. I think their merchandise is a step above, so they will surely cut into Sam's business.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:54 AM

28 posts, read 111,486 times
Living in MD I have a choice of both which are right down the street from each other. I dropped Sams long ago, Costco has so much more and better quality goods. I hope they move in before I move down there It wont be a waste of a membership for me then =)

Old 09-19-2007, 07:02 AM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
I was living in Memphis when Costco came to town. They gave away free memberships the first year they were there. I hope they'll do the same if/when they open here in Knoxville. I got hooked going there at lunchtime and sampling all the free goodies.

But I agree with what y'all have said, Costco seems to have higher quality stuff than Sam's.

Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,392,121 times
We didn't have Sam's in CA; only Costco, and I got spoiled. I didn't even know they were in TN! Costco has much better baked goods and meats. It was hard for me to believe at first, but their steaks are really excellent. If they do those free membership things, save me a place in line!

Now if we could just get a Trader Joe's and maybe an In and Out, we would be all set.

Old 09-19-2007, 06:04 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Yes! Costco is coming to town--just makes our move to M'ville an even better decision. I am spoiled as I leave 2.1 miles from Costco now. Could someone please tell me how far M'vlle is from Turkey Creek? What direction?

Old 09-19-2007, 06:13 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,491,185 times
Yeehaaa! When we lived in TX we shopped at both Sam's and Costco and the price wars were great! Hubby will be so happy to hear this news!

Suzanne, it takes me about 20 - 25 minutes to get to Turkey Creek. We go down Alcoa Hwy to Pellissippi to Kingston Pike exit, straight across KP to left on Parkside Drive. There are other ways but this will get you to the area the easiest and then you can start exploring!

Old 09-20-2007, 02:55 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Yeehaaa! When we lived in TX we shopped at both Sam's and Costco and the price wars were great! Hubby will be so happy to hear this news!

Suzanne, it takes me about 20 - 25 minutes to get to Turkey Creek. We go down Alcoa Hwy to Pellissippi to Kingston Pike exit, straight across KP to left on Parkside Drive. There are other ways but this will get you to the area the easiest and then you can start exploring!
Sounds easier enough! Thanks for your response.

Old 09-20-2007, 03:02 PM

115 posts, read 596,330 times
Default Payment

Remember, Costco only takes American Express or cash for payment unless it has changed recently. Sam's gives you more of the options that most people use. I'm glad the Costco option is available, though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville