Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-26-2007, 12:29 AM

48 posts, read 133,028 times

Advertisements

Thanks for all the information. We leave tomorrow morning and hopefully we will be there by Friday. We have 2 Great Danes so we are driving and pulling my car so it will take longer than expected. Man, I never would have thought finding an apartment with 2 danes would be so hard but I finally did, although being on the second floor I feel sorry for the people downstairs.

Wish us luck and maybe I will see a few of you guys there, of course I would have no idea.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2007, 02:19 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
I'll be the one smiling and waving. Oh no, that's most of us!

Congratulations and have a safe trip!

Old 09-26-2007, 04:23 AM

188 posts, read 567,269 times
Wow! I'm surprised you found a place with Great Danes. I have a super well behaved, non-shedding, quiet, small dog and felt that I had to jump through hoops to get an apartment!

Welcome! Not sure where you are driving from, but you will have probably come at the perfect time. It should be comfortable weather... so you won't be sweating buckets as you move your stuff.

Old 09-26-2007, 06:31 AM

28 posts, read 111,492 times
My sister had one of her Danes pass away last year, leaving one behind... so what does she do... she gets 2 more, 3 Danes total.. a bit chaotic if you ask me

Hopefully your neighbor can handle the thumping of them running around! Have a safe trip

I'll be visiting next month, for my first, in a series of trips to Knoxville.. pinpointing where I'm going to be settling down at. I can't wait!!

Old 09-26-2007, 07:54 AM

69 posts, read 232,386 times
I'm headed up this weekend to scout things out again. If I see someone with 2 danes I'll stop & say hi!!!!!!

Old 09-26-2007, 09:39 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,409,608 times
Good luck!

I can vouch for big dogs; often they make half the racket and commotion of a small dog. Until a few months ago, both my mutts were 100+ lbs and were so much better than the little rat next door lol.

Congrats on your move!

Old 09-26-2007, 03:16 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Wink That's a long trip with 2 any size dogs.

Hope you enjoy the drive in to Knoxville, maxamom. It is great that you found an apartment that accept 2 Great Danes! Did you rent 2 apartments?

Have a safe trip and post when you are able. Everyone would like a report on the move and your settling in.

Old 09-27-2007, 07:58 PM

48 posts, read 133,028 times
Well I am almost there, in Birmingham, AL. Oh and we are coming from San Antonio, and it is hot and humid 90% of the time. The humidity is normally 60-70% ALL the time with the heat. That is one of the reasons we are moving. I have cardiac issues and have had 4 surgeries (only 28 yrs old) and still problems daily, but nothing when I was here visiting. It is amazing, I can actually go outside! So anything would be better than Texas...and the trees rarely are taller than a house in San Antonio and even those are ugly. Our trees do not change color and go from ugly living to ugly dead so I am too excited! Heritage Lake apartments which is off of 140 and Westland Dr....they are really nice. As long as the person at the apartments knows anything about great danes, so that is awesome. Actually we are at a Drury with 2 danes, the hotel chain as a whole are great about pets...no extra cost and great rooms.

only 4 more hours of driving to go!!!!

Old 09-27-2007, 09:36 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Get lots of rest tonight, Maxamom, and enjoy your entrance tomorrow! I am really happy to hear that everything is going okay with the Danes.

We'll be waiting to hear about your arrival. Drive safely.

Old 09-28-2007, 02:27 PM

6,762 posts, read 11,629,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maxamom79 View Post
Well I am almost there, in Birmingham, AL. Oh and we are coming from San Antonio, and it is hot and humid 90% of the time. The humidity is normally 60-70% ALL the time with the heat. That is one of the reasons we are moving. I have cardiac issues and have had 4 surgeries (only 28 yrs old) and still problems daily, but nothing when I was here visiting. It is amazing, I can actually go outside! So anything would be better than Texas...and the trees rarely are taller than a house in San Antonio and even those are ugly. Our trees do not change color and go from ugly living to ugly dead so I am too excited! Heritage Lake apartments which is off of 140 and Westland Dr....they are really nice. As long as the person at the apartments knows anything about great danes, so that is awesome. Actually we are at a Drury with 2 danes, the hotel chain as a whole are great about pets...no extra cost and great rooms.

only 4 more hours of driving to go!!!!

Well you are right down the street from me. I pass those apartments on my way home from work and actually almost moved in there before finding a house at the last minute that took our big dog. I moved here not long ago from TX. This summer was one of the hotter summers in recent years for Knoxville, but coming from Texas, it felt pretty darn good to me!

Anyway, if you are the type who loves natural beauty, you picked a great place. Going up and down Pellissippi Parkway from your apartments you'll have beautiful views of the foothills of the smokies towards the east, and the hills of the Oak Ridge area to the west. Really beautiful place. Me, my wife, and our big dog have LOVED our decision to move here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville