Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-21-2012, 01:40 PM

26 posts, read 68,630 times

Advertisements

I am moving to Oak Ridge towards the end of Aug for a job in ORNl. I do not have much idea about the place and so would like to rent an apartment not too far from the lab to start with. Also, cannot spend too much on the rent either (definitely not more than 1000 for a two bedroom). Wondering if that is a good budget for rent in a safe area in Oak Ridge. Looking forward to hear your suggestions regarding this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM

9 posts, read 9,342 times
We have been searching for rentals recently, though we have only been looking at houses and not apartments. $1000 was our max as well. We have seen a couple houses for rent in the Oak Ridge area for that much or less, but I am not sure if you were looking just for an apartment. If you search Google for "property management companies, Knoxville TN" or something along those lines we had much better luck. We also used Craigslist (actually just signed a lease on a house we found on there- visit first to check it out of course) but you have to weed through the scams. We are very excited to be moving in the first week of August!

Old 07-22-2012, 01:18 PM

@shenning
hey that is great!! best of luck with your move and thanks for your info. I am quite open regarding a house or an apt as long as it is in a safe and nice neighborhood. Will be looking according to your advice as well.

Old 07-22-2012, 05:36 PM

9 posts, read 9,342 times
In that case, you can also try the classified section on KnoxNews.com or the Real Estate section on Yahoo.com. Zillow.com also has some rentals but we found that not many responded back to our inquiries. It will still give you a good idea of what to expect though and you can look at pictures or search the map. We noticed that listings pop up pretty often so we checked all of the sources at least daily.

I'm sure others here on the forum can offer you more help with apartments. I know we are not in Knoxville yet but if there's anything we can help you with feel free to send a PM!

Old 07-24-2012, 05:34 AM

37,799 posts, read 41,000,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corrall View Post
I am moving to Oak Ridge towards the end of Aug for a job in ORNl. I do not have much idea about the place and so would like to rent an apartment not too far from the lab to start with. Also, cannot spend too much on the rent either (definitely not more than 1000 for a two bedroom). Wondering if that is a good budget for rent in a safe area in Oak Ridge. Looking forward to hear your suggestions regarding this.
I sent you a DM regarding one modern complex in Oak Ridge and how much you could expect to pay for utilities, rent and what is located nearby. You didn't put any specific questions (like do you have children you need to put in school) or what your interests are (activities/hobbies) or I could tell you more or at least point you in the right direction.

You also might want to go to the Chamber of Commerce website and click on the Newcomers item for a drop down menu including "neighborhood" info.

Oak Ridge Chamber of Commerce - Welcome!

Old 07-25-2012, 06:40 PM

@ LauraC, thank you very much!!
I do not have any children newly married, my wife will probably join me soon once she gets a job in the knoxville area. Really as long as it is in a nice and safe neighborhood, I am ok. I am mostly a outdoor loving person and would probabl yfind enough to walk/jog around in the place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville