Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2012, 11:41 AM

5 posts, read 8,186 times

Advertisements

I laughed too. So the answer to my tex mex question is no. .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2012, 11:50 AM

5 posts, read 8,186 times
I'm definitely excited to check out the shopping. Is there a better side of I-40 to live on (north or south) as far as proximity to shopping or is it equally distributed? Every apartment I see mentions proximity to turkey creek so it seems like that would be the place to be. Though it seems like Knoxville is small enough that we'd be close no matter where we live.

How's the job market in Knoxville? I'm in advertising, but my degree is marketing. I don't see much as far as ad agencies are concerned but from a brief job search it seemed like healthcare/healthcare marketing was a big deal there.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:36 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,123,967 times
Lots of ad agencies and pr firms. Lot so authentic Mexican places as well. I've addressed the former quite awhile ago but it is searchable and the link to the restaurants is on a current thread.

Old 09-02-2012, 02:53 PM

3 posts, read 4,865 times
Hi! I'm from Dallas too! Forget getting anything like you know as Tex-Mex. One of the things I totally fill up on when I go home to Texas. Let me know if you need anything!

Old 09-02-2012, 03:11 PM

394 posts, read 791,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvelvet12 View Post
Though it seems like Knoxville is small enough that we'd be close no matter where we live.
You hit it right on the nose.

Old 09-10-2012, 08:44 PM

23 posts, read 26,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveC20853 View Post
You hit it right on the nose.
It seems to me Knoxville is pretty spread out. Going from extreme east Knoxville to extreme west Knoxville is a pretty long drive, also coming from north to south, say Powell to Seymour is a pretty good ways. I guess it's what you are used to, but in my opinion Knoxville is no small town.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:29 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,348,405 times
It's not small but not huge.

I personally think its a great size. We have most, if not all, of the amenities of a larger city. The only thing missing, which Im sure most are glad of, is the traffic snarls. Sure 40 may get backed up but its due to a wreck. I think general rush hour back ups here arent bad at all. I place the benefit of it all on how well 40 is laid out. Its a pretty straight, wide highway which allows traffic to flow freely and quickly.

Old 09-11-2012, 05:42 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,123,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
It's not small but not huge.

I personally think its a great size. We have most, if not all, of the amenities of a larger city. The only thing missing, which Im sure most are glad of, is the traffic snarls. Sure 40 may get backed up but its due to a wreck. I think general rush hour back ups here arent bad at all. I place the benefit of it all on how well 40 is laid out. Its a pretty straight, wide highway which allows traffic to flow freely and quickly.
Agreed. It's not a small town but it is not enormous by city standards. It is always more convenient to live closer to work. I live in the north area and work in the far west. It takes me 23 minutes to get to work. I have to move right now and I would love to get closer to work but I am very limited in what I can get for housing (praying I can get anything at all) and I can't be picky. However, a commute around here won't break me. However, before I moved here I thought I could live in say, Sweetwater and commute. I'm glad I didn't. A lot of people strive to find a small town out of Knoxville wanting to avoid a city feel. However, once they get here they realize that Knoxville is really a small city that feels like a large town and there is no reason to live away from here.

Old 09-12-2012, 01:40 PM

45 posts, read 104,673 times
Hi, we moved here from Tucson,AZ about a month ago. Knoxville is a great town, but we still haven't found any really good, authentic Mexican food.

Old 09-12-2012, 04:02 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,348,405 times
Its likely you wont since its not like you're used to in AZ. When I moved to NYC from here, I hated the Mexican food there. I was happy when I visited to have the food at places like Pelanchos.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville