U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-01-2010, 12:56 PM

12,546 posts, read 18,468,498 times

Advertisements

My husband works in Sevierville and I asked him when the "down" season/times are and he answered that there isn't such a thing anymore. With Winterfest the cold weather times are as busy, if not more so, than the summer months.

I do think that February into March is a nice, quieter time. I like to hit the shopping then. Also, after spring breaks but before Memorial Day is nice.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-01-2010, 09:11 PM

5,817 posts, read 7,390,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
My husband works in Sevierville and I asked him when the "down" season/times are and he answered that there isn't such a thing anymore. With Winterfest the cold weather times are as busy, if not more so, than the summer months.

I do think that February into March is a nice, quieter time. I like to hit the shopping then. Also, after spring breaks but before Memorial Day is nice.
OK? I have to ask this question, "to whom are you answering or speaking too?"

Old 01-01-2010, 09:14 PM

12,546 posts, read 18,468,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarthBound? View Post
OK? I have to ask this question, "to whom are you answering or speaking too?"
Here you go -

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
I hope you enjoyed your visit over all marmac? December is not an "off" time in Pigeon Forge though as there are people who make a point to spend Christmas in Gatlinburg. There is all the Christmas lights that folks from all over come to see, Dollywood has special events and Ober Gatlinburg is usually full. Pigeon Forge is also a Christmas shopping destination for a lot of people around this area of TN. I am sitting here thinking of the "slowest/best traffic" time in P.F and Gatlinburg and I really can't think of when that is.
Tracysmith, you said you live there....when is the "off peak" time in the area?

Old 01-01-2010, 09:21 PM

And here I thought I was going CucKoo for Coco-puffs =).

Old 01-02-2010, 12:22 PM

9,807 posts, read 6,483,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post

---"the cold weather times are as busy, if not more so, than the summer months "--

Are lodging places flashing---" Vacancy"-----and listing prices in the high 20's and mid 30's in summer also ?

Most of them were when I was there Dec14-Dec21.

I talked with a couple who were up from Hattisburg Mississippi and made reservations ahead of time. She was disappointed to discover she could have stayed at nearly any place for half the price quoted as nearly every place had vacancies and low rates on their signs.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:00 PM

7,285 posts, read 14,352,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marmac View Post
---"the cold weather times are as busy, if not more so, than the summer months "--

Are lodging places flashing---" Vacancy"-----and listing prices in the high 20's and mid 30's in summer also ?

Most of them were when I was there Dec14-Dec21.

I talked with a couple who were up from Hattisburg Mississippi and made reservations ahead of time. She was disappointed to discover she could have stayed at nearly any place for half the price quoted as nearly every place had vacancies and low rates on their signs.
I believe those signs are always there advertising those "low" rates. Once we decided to stay down there over night and went into 3 or 4 of those advertising those low rates on the signs out front only to be told those rate rooms were already full but they had other higher.....much higher...rate rooms available. 2 were completely full. So I think it is just a ploy to get you to get you in the door.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:03 PM

Quote:
I've been watching the real estate market around Sevierville and I've been seeing some really beautiful homes for sale.
I was just wondering what kind of community it is there and how the job market is for a dump truck driver?

Are the folks down to earth type of people?

Are they uppity atcha if you don't think the same as they do, politically?

What is the population diversity in that area like?

How's the weather down there in the mids of winter?

I have a ton a questions and very little space to put them.
The primary employment in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is in the tourist industry...retail/restaurant/hotel.

Most of the population there is tourist from elsewhere.

In winter it is cold.

Old 01-02-2010, 04:18 PM

Quote:
The primary employment in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg is in the tourist industry...retail/restaurant/hotel.

Most of the population there is tourist from elsewhere.

In winter it is cold.
Well that was as clear as Mud, I was asking about Sevierville. And I'm sure they still have roads down there in Tennessee, I drive asphalt trucks for a living that build roads, driveways, parking lots and so on..

Old 01-02-2010, 06:13 PM

Quote:
Well that was as clear as Mud, I was asking about Sevierville. And I'm sure they still have roads down there in Tennessee, I drive asphalt trucks for a living that build roads, driveways, parking lots and so on..
I know, and I answered. Pigeon Forge is the majority of Sevierville. The majority of Sevierville is tourist industry. The majority of jobs in and around Sevierville are in the tourist industry.
Yes, they have roads, actually pretty good ones, even with all the tourists.

Old 01-02-2010, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I know, and I answered. Pigeon Forge is the majority of Sevierville. The majority of Sevierville is tourist industry. The majority of jobs in and around Sevierville are in the tourist industry.
Yes, they have roads, actually pretty good ones, even with all the tourists.
Are there a lot of asphalt batch plants and trucking companies in that type of work in the area?
What are the home tax (if you own a home) bases like and the income taxes? Or, better yet, what kind of taxes do you guys have down there? Up here were we live you have, "Depending on where you live" income tax, property tax, school tax, state tax, federal tax. I know the last two everyone must deal with. But how does it all work there in Tennessee?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville