Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-14-2012, 07:13 AM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,294 times

Advertisements

I want to go to a place on The Strip for lunch next week. However, I dont want to pay $5.00 to park (in the lot that runs behind along White Ave) for one hour or less just to eat. Is there a garage nearby with hourly parking?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2012, 07:22 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
I want to go to a place on The Strip for lunch next week. However, I dont want to pay $5.00 to park (in the lot that runs behind along White Ave) for one hour or less just to eat. Is there a garage nearby with hourly parking?
You can try Fort Sanders Medical parking garage. I went to Noodles & Company a couple of Sundays ago after church and was able to park in their lot but it wasn't that busy that time of day. Methinks a lot of students were still sleeping.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:10 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You can try Fort Sanders Medical parking garage. I went to Noodles & Company a couple of Sundays ago after church and was able to park in their lot but it wasn't that busy that time of day. Methinks a lot of students were still sleeping.
I think you have to pay to park there. I go there for business occasionally and they stamp my ticket for me.

Old 10-14-2012, 09:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beretta View Post
I think you have to pay to park there. I go there for business occasionally and they stamp my ticket for me.
I know you have to pay to park but I thought he was looking for inexpensive parking. As far as I know the rates aren't high. I had surgery there before.

The best thing to do is try to find an available space for the establishment you are going to. I mean, when I go to Stefano's, Mellow Mushroom or any of the other places I have always found parking, even on a busy Friday night. But as you can see there aren't any public parking garages on The Strip.

http://www.cityofknoxville.org/map/mapdowntown.pdf

While we are on the subject, just read this today. Looks like they are still slowly moving along with the upgrades down there.

http://www.knoxnews.com/news/2012/se...rs-hear-right/

Last edited by hiknapster; 10-14-2012 at 09:21 AM..

Old 10-14-2012, 02:37 PM

2,124 posts, read 6,819,681 times
I thought each restaurant on the strip had some free parking available, you sometimes have to ask them where it is?

Old 10-15-2012, 04:58 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
I thought each restaurant on the strip had some free parking available, you sometimes have to ask them where it is?
That's been my experience, at least with the larger restaurants (Copper Cellar, Mellow Mushroom, Jason's Deli, all of the fast food joints). But some don't have parking (like Panera, Hanna's, and Stefano's) so it's hit or miss.

There is metered parking on the streets which is much cheaper than the paid lots but there's no guarantee that the OP will find a space. I recommend the OP make a reconnaissance trip just to see what's available near his restaurant.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD

Last edited by JMT; 10-15-2012 at 06:51 PM..

Old 10-16-2012, 08:32 AM

610 posts, read 1,623,315 times
You can park for free street parking behind the strip on the south side, where Papa John's, Cool Beans, etc are.

Old 10-17-2012, 01:55 PM

1,285 posts, read 2,356,294 times
We just decided to go to Sitar. It was too much to park two vehicles for $10.00 for a couple of burritos at Chipotle. We ended up at Sitar instead. Thanks for all of the info though. We'll try the street parking you mentioned airen when we try to go next month maybe. Thanks!

Old 10-17-2012, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETSUAccountingGuy View Post
We just decided to go to Sitar. It was too much to park two vehicles for $10.00 for a couple of burritos at Chipotle. We ended up at Sitar instead. Thanks for all of the info though. We'll try the street parking you mentioned airen when we try to go next month maybe. Thanks!
You can always try parking across the street from Chipotle, the parking area next to Noodles and that Chicago pizza-type place.

Old 10-18-2012, 04:55 AM

13,350 posts, read 39,943,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
You can always try parking across the street from Chipotle, the parking area next to Noodles and that Chicago pizza-type place.
...as well as at Krystal, or what used to be Krystal. Since Krystal is now closed and boarded up, I assume its parking lot isn't used that much.

IMPORTANT READING:
Terms of Service

---
its - possession
it's - contraction of it is
your - possession
you're - contraction of you are
their - possession
they're - contraction of they are
there - referring to a place
loose - opposite of tight
lose - opposite of win
who's - contraction of who is
whose - possession
alot - NOT A WORD
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville