U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2007, 08:00 AM

67 posts, read 135,427 times
Default Knoxville: Pictures of the neighborhoods, and areas

Normally there are pictures of the downtown, or landscape pictures of Knoxville, Maryville, Alcoa on these sites, but I am really wondering where I could get a glimpse at the neighborhood housing.......Like for example, pictures of the streets in fountain city neighborhood, or springbrook area of Maryville, that sort of thing.
Guess I am looking for something tree lined with sidewalks and affordable, and maybe a short walk to a store or two? Hopefully every house looks different.
Also is all of knoxville hilly? or is there some arease that are not? Is there really such a big difference between east, west, north and south Knoxville, as far as quaintness and beauty?
I would love, love to live near a park or a community lake! I know sounds like I am looking for utopia......? LOL

Last edited by Millipooh; 10-20-2007 at 08:10 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2007, 08:35 AM

8,893 posts, read 20,376,530 times
Yes, there are pictures of Knoxville posted here. Didn't you see Knoxville's page at city-data.com?

I posted pictures of Fountain City about a month ago in this thread:
Pictures of Fountain City

Old 10-20-2007, 08:43 AM

12,336 posts, read 17,147,873 times
Springbrook is actually in the city of Alcoa. I rarely get over there but if I do I will take some pictures. Have a nice day!

Old 10-20-2007, 09:00 AM

Thank you, any pictures of the streets, in knoxville, maryville, alcoa areas would be fun. I have seen mostly pics of the city itself, and the parks, and the downtowns, but not pics of how the streets look in the neighborhoods or subdivisions at all. Any pics of those places and how the streets look would be awesome!

Old 10-20-2007, 10:21 AM

4,733 posts, read 6,252,931 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipooh View Post
Thank you, any pictures of the streets, in knoxville, maryville, alcoa areas would be fun. I have seen mostly pics of the city itself, and the parks, and the downtowns, but not pics of how the streets look in the neighborhoods or subdivisions at all. Any pics of those places and how the streets look would be awesome!
I was hoping to be in Maryville by this time today, but our slooooow painters are still here.

Anyhow, Millipooh, if you go to the search option at the top of this page, you will pull up several series of downtown Knoxville, Alcoa, Maryville, and many other cities' photos. We have a few excellent and eager photographers in our ranks here and they do a wonderful job of capturing the flavor of area towns and cities. There are some wonderful photos of Fountain City and historic homes in Knoxville.

The site below gives a nice tour of Maryville, but does not include subdivisions. The realtors' sites are probably the best source of those types of pictures. With a large number of neighborhoods represented in these cities it is difficult to include sub photos on the forum. If you indicate one in particular, I would bet that somebody here has a photo to post!

City of Maryville Tennessee Photo Tour

Hope you find what you are searching for.

Old 10-20-2007, 10:32 AM

4,733 posts, read 6,252,931 times
Below are some pictures of downtown and surrounding area of Greeneville, TN.

Greeneville Pictures1

Old 10-20-2007, 11:09 AM

What can I say, but WOW! and Thank You!

Old 10-20-2007, 04:08 PM

2,173 posts, read 4,720,349 times
You can find what you're looking for around Knoxville. There are some flat or at least flatter spots. Be careful of anything a realtor describes as "rolling." It's usually pretty steep.
Fountain City on the East Side of Broadway is relatively flat. West of Broadway, it's extremely steep. Probably a few mountain goats wandering around up there.
The Knoxville area is on a series of ridges in the river valley -- think of sharp pleats rather than the rolling terrain of hillsides.
West Hills in Knoxville might suit you. Relatively flat, lots of stuff in walking distance including big and small parks. It's an older 1960s suburb with big lots and big ranch houses. Lots of trees. Look around zip code 37909.
The Island Home area in South Knoxville might be good. No stores in walking distance, but that may change. It's right on the river and next door to Ijams Nature Center. A lot of craftsmen style bungalows. Affordable if you can find one for sale. They go fast. Zip 37920.

Old 10-21-2007, 10:48 AM

6 posts, read 14,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Millipooh View Post
Normally there are pictures of the downtown, or landscape pictures of Knoxville, Maryville, Alcoa on these sites, but I am really wondering where I could get a glimpse at the neighborhood housing.......Like for example, pictures of the streets in fountain city neighborhood, or springbrook area of Maryville, that sort of thing.
take a look at this site: Search Knoxville Real Estate Listings and surrounding counties
i think you will find it very helpful in seeing the different areas. if you find something you like let me know if you need help.

Guess I am looking for something tree lined with sidewalks and affordable, and maybe a short walk to a store or two? Hopefully every house looks different. maryville has a lake in center of town
Also is all of knoxville hilly? no not at all. downtown is somewhat but you got flat,rolling and hilly all over e tn or is there some arease that are not? Is there really such a big difference between east, west, north and south Knoxville, as far as quaintness and beauty? west is developing faster and has the yuppie feel more than any other part. north is growing out almost as fast. south is towards the mountains and has the most growth closer to the county line. east is past the I40/I640 line is developing nicely and has the holston and french broad rivers for some great scenery.
I would love, love to live near a park or a community lake! I know sounds like I am looking for utopia......? LOL
alcoa may be worth a look. check out the duckpond and springbrook park area on viewhomes.com.

Old 10-21-2007, 11:37 AM

12,336 posts, read 17,147,873 times
Where is the lake in the center of town in Maryville??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville