Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2013, 01:29 PM

50 posts, read 114,197 times

Advertisements

I have been a member of this site for a while, and a long time lurker on this forum. It has been a great source of information for us in our search for places to move after my current job ends. Well that time has come, and we are now finally starting the more practical side of the relocation process!

The information you all have given has been invaluable to us as we have narrowed down our locations. The insight provided by Hiknapster, Barking Spider, and countless others was so very much appreciated. Now that we're moving into a new phase, is just didn't seem right to do so without saying thank you and hello! I feel like I know so many of you, and that you are friends, even though we've never met.

We will be semi-retired, but will still have middle and high school kids for the next six years. We'll be concentrating on places in the Farragut, Hardin Valley, Bearden, and Oak Ridge school districts. We're visiting in mid-April, and I'll update you after that, if you're interested.

Again, thank you so much for all you've done to make this process easier, fun, and entertaining!

Dan
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2013, 09:40 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Receiving a message like this makes it worth it, in my opinion. Thank you very much for taking the time to express your gratitude. I hope you have a great visit and if you have any question do not hesitate to ask!

By the way, the News Sentinel's academic dream team picks usually come from most of the areas that you are interested in. I'm now living in the Bearden/West High area and loving it. Moving to this section of Knoxville is one of the best decisions I've ever made.

Knoxville News Sentinel's Top 20 Scholars 2012 : Knoxville Photo Galleries : Knoxville News Sentinel: Local Knoxville, Tennessee News Delivered Throughout the Day.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:50 PM

50 posts, read 114,197 times
Thanks for the info. It reinforces our thinking process, which makes us feel like we're on the right track.

I'm sure I will have bunches of questions after the visit. We've visited before, but this is the first time with the reality of it so close at hand. Its a big idea, and some days it's somewhat overwhelming, but mostly we're looking forward to starting the new chapter ahead. Wow, are there a lot of details to think about! We've moved around quite a bit in my career so you would think I'd be used to it by this point

Thanks again. Update forthcoming.

Old 03-18-2013, 12:55 PM

1,155 posts, read 3,387,747 times
Congrats DannoCo, and welcome to Knox area. Good luck on your visit and so glad you posted your thanks, as Hikster stated, makes it worth it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville