Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2013, 02:01 PM

34 posts, read 102,252 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
You should probably check in on the Nashville thread then. Middle TN is a lot different than East TN. It's like the difference between So CA and No CA, or Palm Springs and Santa Barbara.
Maybe I'm misreading your example/comparison but the average high in the month of July in Palm Springs is 108 while it is 75 in Santa Barbara. Are you saying that Mid Tenn is that much different than East TN? Heck, just here within in San Diego county the temps 15 miles inland can easily be 20 degrees more than by the coast.

California weather is very diverse so a comparison at a state level isn't going to be apples to apples. If a specific location in California is mentioned then a comparison can be made. The same can be said of Tennessee, just to a much lesser extent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard64 View Post
In CA I always had chapped lips and sore throats. Since moving here not as big a problem except In the Winter when it is dry air.
It's funny but I've never had chapped lips or a sore throat here in San Diego with but I'm less than 1/2 from the ocean so the humidity tends to be higher than further inland. Also, I moved here from Phoenix where the humidity can often be in single digits so I frequently had a bloody nose, dry elbows, chapped lips, and the rest of that fun.

I fully agree with the rest of your sentiments about benefits of TN over CA.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2013, 06:11 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,296,788 times
Yes, the weather is different between Knoxville and Nashville.
Both are hot and humid in the summer, but still different. The point I was making is they are almost 200 miles apart, at different elevations, and different geography. Different demographics, etc.

I was responding to Lei****s who said they were looking to move to the Nashville, Mid TN area. I was pointing out that the Nashville forum would be a better place to ask their questions and get feedback.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:39 PM

13 posts, read 17,233 times
It is the dew point that is annoying and not humidity. High dew points is what cause the discomfort.

Old 10-17-2013, 05:05 AM

4,705 posts, read 25,296,788 times
Well........Dew point - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 10-17-2013, 12:05 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ewevitt View Post
It is the dew point that is annoying and not humidity. High dew points is what cause the discomfort.
That's correct. Nashville usually has a higher dew point than Knoxville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville