Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 AM

23 posts, read 60,558 times

Advertisements

Dog and cats are fed, frogs got their crickets, we have the 4 fish we started with, plants are still alive whew, I have..... I mean they have survived another week with me. Love to read this post. I have renewed spirits especially the evening liquid kind to keep me level. Have a good day all!!

Old 07-28-2008, 07:31 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,268 times
Hey Chuck,
Good deal, keeping everything going and alive!
Mystic Fire- Feel better soon!
Morning everyone!
Pam

Old 07-28-2008, 08:35 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
Default Good Morning

Good Morning everyone, hope you all had a wonderful weekend. Just wanted to drop by and say hi, have a good day everyone.

Old 07-28-2008, 08:52 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
mysticfire...sorry you and your littlest one aren't feeling well. I hope you are feeling much better very soon. Relax, Rest and just take it easy...oh, and drink lots of fluids also. Get Well!!!!

gem...when are you heading over to TX?

Hello chuck, pam, and gailli!!!

And Good Morning Everyone!!!! May you all have a beautiful day!!!!

Old 07-28-2008, 12:54 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,783,567 times
Thanks for the welcome back, Pam and Gem. Mystic sorry to see you are feeling poorly. Hope you and the little one are the only ones to get sick and recover quickly! Hi Gailli, Fallfanatic and HIK. A long distance Hi! to Suzanne, too. Hope all is well in Wisconsin.

Pam it was our last hurrah with our son. He will be finishing his last year in college and then since he has been in the AF ROTC he will be off to wherever they send him next May. He managed to get some time off from work so he could have one last real vacation with us. We moved from NY in the spring and he hasn't had a real chance to visit our new family home for more than a couple of days. The last few summers have been filled with either ROTC, school or other obligations like jury duty (twice!!). DS and DH had a great time motorcycling around all the fantastic roads we have so close by.

Thanks Gem, DM is doing much better now. She's well into her 80s but it was still a big surprise for us all since she is normally a very healthy lady. At least the drive was halved for me from before since we live a bit closer!

Old 07-28-2008, 01:48 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
Thanks for the welcome back, Pam and Gem. Mystic sorry to see you are feeling poorly. Hope you and the little one are the only ones to get sick and recover quickly! Hi Gailli, Fallfanatic and HIK. A long distance Hi! to Suzanne, too. Hope all is well in Wisconsin.

Pam it was our last hurrah with our son. He will be finishing his last year in college and then since he has been in the AF ROTC he will be off to wherever they send him next May. He managed to get some time off from work so he could have one last real vacation with us. We moved from NY in the spring and he hasn't had a real chance to visit our new family home for more than a couple of days. The last few summers have been filled with either ROTC, school or other obligations like jury duty (twice!!). DS and DH had a great time motorcycling around all the fantastic roads we have so close by.

Thanks Gem, DM is doing much better now. She's well into her 80s but it was still a big surprise for us all since she is normally a very healthy lady. At least the drive was halved for me from before since we live a bit closer!

Welcome home and its wonderful that you got to spend such quality time with your son, I know how it is, I miss my kids a lot and I cannot wait to see them in Oct when I go back to Fl for a visit.

Glad DM is doing better, Mom's are so special, I lost mine when she was only 72 and I miss her so much, they cannot be replaced thats for sure.

Old 07-28-2008, 04:26 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
I hope that everyone had a great day. My husband and I had a nice day running errands and setting up surround sound on our TV. It sure is humid here in Knoxville! We went to McAlister's for lunch. Mmm! Have a great evening everyone!

Old 07-28-2008, 05:05 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I hope that everyone had a great day. My husband and I had a nice day running errands and setting up surround sound on our TV. It sure is humid here in Knoxville! We went to McAlister's for lunch. Mmm! Have a great evening everyone!
Hey! I was just looking into the surround sound today, too!

Everyone have a wonderful night!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:05 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Hey! I was just looking into the surround sound today, too!

Everyone have a wonderful night!
We got the Samsung surround system 510T or something like that. We ordered it from Amazon (cheapest price we found, no shipping, no tax) and we love it. I feel like I am in the movie theater!

Old 07-28-2008, 06:14 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Our 4 sons treated us to surround sound when they were all here in Dec. We had just gotten a plasma TV to entertain them in style, but the gizmo boys "needed" surround sound to be really happy!!

They measured, drilled, pulled wires, used some kind of sound gauge(?) for balancing - and now we have 10 very loud, booming speakers to bust our eardrums while enjoying a movie!!

I, very seriously, bought some wax earplugs, like air terminal employees use, to protect myself when they all come and insist on cranking up the juice on those puppies!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville