Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 06:53 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times

Advertisements

Well they are suppose to hook me back up in the a.m. I have lived with 6 stations for the past 8 months, haven't missed it, I just don't watch alot of t.v. But the dd is excited, she is a movie freak!

I too watched the prime time show last nite, WOW. He was an amazing man, can you imagine what a world we would have if everyone had such a positive attitude at least 50% of the time. I will be going out Friday to get the book, maybe it should be required reading for Seniors heading out into reality!

Old 07-30-2008, 07:01 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,908 times
Painter, Howdy.
You mean to tell me that at some point in my life, I have to face and live in reality???
Now I bet you are going to tell me I have to grow up too and know what I want to be when I am all grown up???
Next you'll tell me that there is no Santa Clause or the Easter bunny or tooth fairy!
Can I still run with scissors?
Pam
Have a great day everyone

Old 07-30-2008, 07:11 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,845 times
Pam you are truly living in reality, and you have more than that 50% girl!!! And yes virginia there really is a Santa Claus, but please don't run with scissors.
Do we ever truly grow up?

Old 07-30-2008, 07:52 AM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
We got 3 stations on our black and white. You know, that was all we needed as we didn't watch much tv. As a kid I remember getting up on a summer morning, wolfing down some cereal and going out to play the whole day outside. I think my childhood of no tv and lots of playing outside was far more wholesome then the childhoods of the kids today.
Just want to add my support of your statements above. I think you've 'hit the nail on the head' here. Add to that the texting parties--participants won't/don't speak to one another--only through texting. No wonder socialization skills are waning.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:00 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
Just want to add my support of your statements above. I think you've 'hit the nail on the head' here. Add to that the texting parties--participants won't/don't speak to one another--only through texting. No wonder socialization skills are waning.
Yeah. These people that make friends over the internet are losers!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:04 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Yeah. These people that make friends over the internet are losers!
yup, the WORST!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:07 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,926 times
[quote=SmokyMtnGal;4659021]With the one that we purchased you must have a PC to program it (USB port) and the model numbers to all of the equipment that you are loading on it. For us that is 4 different model numbers.
[quote]

That's how ours is too, but we could only ever get it to operate 2 or 3 things--I think it was the XM radio and the BOSE that it wouldn't work for--and they were compatible-just wouldn't work to save my life. We sat on hold with tech support for over 25 minutes with NO help before I finally gave up, lol.

Old 07-30-2008, 08:21 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,783 times
Good Morning....

...Have a wonderful day.......

Old 07-30-2008, 08:28 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,276,538 times
Good morning, fallfanatic, and everyone else!

Old 07-30-2008, 08:55 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,133,948 times
Smile Ah, the days of that magic mystery box that worked only 3 hours a day!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
We got 3 stations on our black and white. You know, that was all we needed as we didn't watch much tv. As a kid I remember getting up on a summer morning, wolfing down some cereal and going out to play the whole day outside. I think my childhood of no tv and lots of playing outside was far more wholesome then the childhoods of the kids today.
Gaili thanks for the compliment and placing me in the company of Gem with words. As I admire Gem and think I have a very long way to go to be able to write as well as she... thanks for the vote of confidence!
Pam
Pam, I can go one further because I remember the time when I was a kid that we never heard of TV, although some rich folks on Grampian Hill probably had one already.

When I was in second grade my aunt got a TV. I could not believe my eyes the first time I saw it. I can still feel the utter amazement at looking at an 8 inch grainy picture on that TV set.

By the time I was in the 5th grade, I guess my parents became rich, too, because we bought a console RCA television set! You should have seen me on Cowgirl Day every Friday on the Mickey Mouse Club! I could do the "Round 'Em Up" song and dance with Cubby, Karen, Darlene, Doreen, Bobby and the rest of the bunch like nobody's business!
"I got my hat, I got my spurs. . . "

By the time I was in 9th grade the rich folks now had cable wires running into their houses so they could watch more than one channel. Wahoo! We got it, too.

Now, I could sit cross-legged on the floor, do my algebra, and watch American Bandstand all at the same time. Life is so good!!

I guess you can surmise that both of my parents worked or my fanny would be in the kitchen at the table doing that homework!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville