Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2008, 11:05 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,228,196 times

Advertisements

Mysticfire, isn't UPS responsible? Since you have technically NOT received the package, then it seems that UPS would be responsible for having left the package without getting a signature for proof of delivery. Seems like they would need to prove that they actually delivered the package!! You DEFINITELY shouldn't be responsible!! Wow, no wonder you are stressed out this morning!! I think you need another hug!!

Old 08-06-2008, 11:58 AM

811 posts, read 2,010,254 times
I don't know, I think that is what's going to happen, I just feel like they think I am making it up, especially after I had cancelled the one order, KWIM? They said UPS has to do an investigation and such, and that it will probably be at least Monday before I hear anything. Not really sure what kind of "investigating" they could do, lol...if they said they dropped it off, but it's not here, what can I do? I'm sure it will all work out, I think I am just more annoyed with it because everyone has been sick, and I have been working all this overtime, and the house, etc...it's just a lot all at once.

Good thing to remember is...in about a month and a half, I'll be in my new house, hanging out on my porch with a cold drink in my hand

Thanks, Bebette!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:06 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Hey guys,
GBH- I love shabby chic! I just never could pull it off because I have too many other styles vying for my attention. I'll take old and antique any day. Hey I've got Bill......
I wouldn't trade Bill the antique in for the world......
I still have a load of stuff in NY I want to get down here too. My plan is get it here to NC, then I'll move it all back to Tn in the future.
Pam
KTowner- Howdy and welcome! Glad you came out of the shadows.
Bones- You should tell us something we don't know.... "You're a stalker" How funny
Mystic Fire- Hugs to you, keep after UPS, they do have scanners and they should leave parcels in secure locations! Did they even ask you where you wanted parcels left now?

Last edited by Pam& Bill; 08-06-2008 at 12:15 PM.. Reason: Additional thoughts

Old 08-06-2008, 12:07 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
I do believe that you would have the same driver for both deliveries, they are usually assigned routes, they also do the hand held computer scan when they drop a package off... I would track down the driver. I have a neighbor way in the back of my property and their drive is on my land so we have their stuff dropped here all the time.

Old 08-06-2008, 12:37 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
I don't know, I think that is what's going to happen, I just feel like they think I am making it up, especially after I had cancelled the one order, KWIM? They said UPS has to do an investigation and such, and that it will probably be at least Monday before I hear anything. Not really sure what kind of "investigating" they could do, lol...if they said they dropped it off, but it's not here, what can I do?
This happens all the time, mysticfire. UPS is used to it and have a system in place. Your seller/shipper will probably have to file a claim, and they may or may not call you for your statement. If the package is adequately insured, it's no problem. If not, it could be a bit more effort for your shipper. They probably didn't request a signature because that's an extra fee. In that case, the UPS driver makes the call whether it's safe to leave the package at your door or not. So it's really a combo of what your seller asked for and what your driver decided. You're covered either way.

It'll probably take a couple of weeks to resolve it, though. If you charged it to your credit card and your bill is coming due, you can notify your CC company and they will list it as "pending." More than likely, your seller/shipper will send a replacement package right away and not make you wait out the resolution process. But, really, it's low hassle, so no need to worry!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:44 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,538,069 times
mysticfire...so sorry you are having such a rough day. I do hope they get everything straightened out for you quickly. You are right to think on the positive side....that you will be in your new home soon enjoying a ice cold drink on your porch. Everything will be fine!!!

Old 08-06-2008, 12:50 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,393,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
GBH- I love shabby chic! I just never could pull it off because I have too many other styles vying for my attention. I'll take old and antique any day. Hey I've got Bill......
Maybe we should all have yard sales and get rid of everything... except gem's DH, the Sunset Orange Vette and Bill. Oh, and our dogs... and fish... and roses...

But, hey, if I can't sell it, I'll repurpose it. My old dining table is now a worktable out in the garage and the matching French armoire holds garden tools.

Which brings up another Knoxville oddity-- garages have drywall walls painted to match the house, with contrasting crown and baseboard molding. Mine even has plantation shutters, just like inside. I couldn't believe that! So the dining-room-turned-workshop decor doesn't look that out of place. Next, I hang the crystal chandelier.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:43 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,349,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goodbyehollywood View Post
Maybe we should all have yard sales and get rid of everything... except gem's DH, the Sunset Orange Vette and Bill. Oh, and our dogs... and fish... and roses...

But, hey, if I can't sell it, I'll repurpose it. My old dining table is now a worktable out in the garage and the matching French armoire holds garden tools.

Which brings up another Knoxville oddity-- garages have drywall walls painted to match the house, with contrasting crown and baseboard molding. Mine even has plantation shutters, just like inside. I couldn't believe that! So the dining-room-turned-workshop decor doesn't look that out of place. Next, I hang the crystal chandelier.
Can I come live in your garage???

Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,432 times
Gbh- I have a brand new chandelier in the box still????? It's black wrought iron but hay I know a good painter that can fix that and throw some foofo stuff on it. Fancy garages are here in Fl. too, I have customers that spend as much time deciding on colors for the garage as they do for the bedrooms. Crazy huh??

Hey Pam I think we will find you something other than a garage.

Old 08-06-2008, 02:53 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,784,754 times
Mystic I feel so badly for you. {{hugs}} Wish I could offer good advice but I have had only a few problems with UPS and they got resolved. FedEx home delivery, on the other hand, is not a nice word in my book. Hopefully your second delivery will be OK and the first gets found or fixed.

GBH I can't stop laughing at the vision of a fully furnished garage complete with chandelier!! My garage is the same way ( the painted walls and moldings put in) and I thought it was the builder, I didn't realize it was a Knox area thing!

Gem I hated the parting with all the memories but, as everyone has been suggesting, we did bite the bullet and took "just" the piano, dining room set and the couch from the old family room, our respective desks and bookcases and file cabinets. We measured and decided it would all fit (did the whole graph paper and little tiny furniture pieces) but the couch just doesn't work . So now we paid for moving it here and have ordered a new one (and some nice recliners) to replace it.

GBH I like the way you think about giving it to others for storage at their house. I want to do just that. You'd think that I had lived through the Great Depression but I find it hard to pitch perfectly good things even if I can't use them! Good news: DS wants the couch for when he is sent wherever by the AF so he has a couch. Bad news? DH wants to pitch it he is so sorry we paid to bring it all the way from NY.

Last edited by J&Em; 08-06-2008 at 03:12 PM.. Reason: use spell check before you hit post, not after
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville