Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2008, 01:45 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,104,290 times

Advertisements

Why have I been up since 2 a.m.? Because it is THE FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!!

I am just so excited!

I plan on joining PTA, too. I didn't at the other school because I didn't want to get to involved with anyone because, heaven forbid, someone might have had to come to my house and I would have been so embarrassed. I bet you will find the moms really friendly around here, mysticfire.

You also should check into UT. I looked a little bit, and didn't find much, but there must be a way that you could go to school. I know that one of the girls that I work with, who is probably the same age as you, just got her degree and she is a single mom. Unfortunately, I am just too old for that, now. But I may still take a course here and there, just for the fun of it!

Mysticfire, let us know how everything goes!

I've decided to let Lauren wear her dress and take her tennis shoes along. The dress is from that dreaded evil WALMART. I know. I can't believe I bought it there, too, but we were getting supplies and I just didn't feel well.

We use to go to Dillard's, but their quality is not very good now, either. Things fall apart almost as fast as Walmart. The only store that I have found with decent quality is Justice for Girls. Justice just for girls!They area little bit higher (okay, a lot), but the clothes last forever, it seems, and they actually fit her. However, they are all the way over at Turkey Creek. I should realize that the ride will be much quicker since we've moved.

The Children's Place has good quality, but sometimes the styles can be bizarre. It just kind of depends.

I am just babbling. No one to talk to!

Old 08-11-2008, 07:15 AM

Hey! It's 9 a.m. and I STILL have no one to talk to!

Lauren's has made it off to school. I hope I didn't drive the teacher too crazy. And then I lurked out in the hallway, waving to Lauren.

As promised, here's some pics!

The purple blob with the new Guess bag is me! We are sneering because Daddy announced that he didn't know how to use the camera. That could explain why there are never any pics of me.

[IMG][/IMG]

Bye, Lauren. Don't forget about mommy. The sad part is daddy is riding beside us before he makes his turn to go to work.

[IMG][/IMG]

The kid in front of her with the funny glasses is our neighbor! I'm sure, at this point, the teacher was ready to wring my neck.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-11-2008, 07:34 AM

811 posts, read 2,002,854 times
Aww, how adorable! We drove Josh in this morning and I asked if he wanted us to go in with him and he said "Nope, Mommy, I can do it all by myself"
I of course, was heartbroken, but he's pretty independent, so I wanted to give him the choice. I turned and watched him walking into the building and he just looked so much older than he did as I was hugging him goodbye.

I cried all the way home.

Old 08-11-2008, 08:30 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,531,800 times

Old 08-11-2008, 08:33 AM

Oh, no, mysticfire! Don't feel alone. You can cry with me!

In another hour I'm going back to the school to make a bigger fool of myself!

Old 08-11-2008, 08:51 AM

811 posts, read 2,002,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh, no, mysticfire! Don't feel alone. You can cry with me!

In another hour I'm going back to the school to make a bigger fool of myself!
Thanks--My hubby just chuckled and said "I knew THAT was going to happen!"

I am going to pick him up this afternoon..I keep watching the clock like I don't have anything else I SHOULD be doing, lol.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:11 AM

Morning, fallfanatic! We are just obsessing over our children.

Okay. I'm going back to the school.

Old 08-11-2008, 09:35 AM

13,337 posts, read 39,775,570 times
Quote:
Morning, fallfanatic! We are just obsessing over our children.

Okay. I'm going back to the school.
What wonderful pictures!!!!!! I was there with you in spirit as you were with Lauren on her first day of school at her brand new school. I still think it's so neat that you're within walking distance of her school. I've heard nothing but good things about Sterchi Elementary.

And hik, you're looking great!! Just remember the standing invitation for red velvet cake when you're ready to go off your diet for one meal...

Old 08-11-2008, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
What wonderful pictures!!!!!! I was there with you in spirit as you were with Lauren on her first day of school at her brand new school. I still think it's so neat that you're within walking distance of her school. I've heard nothing but good things about Sterchi Elementary.

And hik, you're looking great!! Just remember the standing invitation for red velvet cake when you're ready to go off your diet for one meal...
Thanks! It's amazing that I have been about 40 pound lighter my entire life, up to three years ago. What is up with that?

Just got back from the school. Now the teacher looks a bit concerned. Like she might have to put up with me for the entire year.

Lauren has a new friend! Her name is Grace and she seems so kind and intelligent. Lauren never picks nice kids like this! We have success!

Old 08-11-2008, 09:54 AM

13,337 posts, read 39,775,570 times
Quote:
Thanks! It's amazing that I have been about 40 pound lighter my entire life, up to three years ago. What is up with that?

Just got back from the school. Now the teacher looks a bit concerned. Like she might have to put up with me for the entire year.

Lauren has a new friend! Her name is Grace and she seems so kind and intelligent. Lauren never picks nice kids like this! We have success!
I think the kid with the funny glasses looks like a kid worth getting to know. Or at least his parents. You said they're neighbors of yours?

It's been a while since I've been in an elementary school, but I'm impressed with Lauren's classroom. It looks like that teacher spent a lot of time getting the room ready for today. I'm sure most elementary school teachers do it (which is one reason I could never teach elementary school--I'm not very creative), but Lauren's classroom looks so cheerful and inviting. I can't wait to hear how her first day of school went!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville