Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-17-2008, 04:11 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

So, this is what Fred did on his day off! Lauren picked the colors, which were Valspar-Eddie Bauer "Summer" on the walls and "Sunwash" on the dresser.

She really has a great artistic eye. Most kids would have went for the expected pink and purple.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 08-17-2008, 04:26 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,254 times
Very pretty, Hik!

Josh has picked out a shade of yellow for his room as well...we'll see if he changes his mind before we actually purchase the paint, lol!

We spent the afternoon in Fountain City--went to the playground, ate a picnic lunch...I really like that park because Jeremy actually had his own section to play where he could see without the sun hurting him (for those of you who don't know, he has Albinism in his eyes, so sunlight hurts him and almost blinds him) and then we stopped at Marble Slab for some ice cream (BAD for my diet, YUMMY for my tastebuds!) It was a beautiful day! Hope everyone else enjoyed their day as well!

Old 08-17-2008, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
Very pretty, Hik!

Josh has picked out a shade of yellow for his room as well...we'll see if he changes his mind before we actually purchase the paint, lol!

We spent the afternoon in Fountain City--went to the playground, ate a picnic lunch...I really like that park because Jeremy actually had his own section to play where he could see without the sun hurting him (for those of you who don't know, he has Albinism in his eyes, so sunlight hurts him and almost blinds him) and then we stopped at Marble Slab for some ice cream (BAD for my diet, YUMMY for my tastebuds!) It was a beautiful day! Hope everyone else enjoyed their day as well!
Sounds like you had a great day! The Creamery Grille next to the park also has wonderful homemade ice cream!

The color photographs yellow, but it has a strong orange tint, which makes it great for a boy's or girl's room.

Old 08-17-2008, 05:22 PM

811 posts, read 2,010,254 times
I thought there was another ice cream place close by, but I wasn't sure where. We'll have to check that out next time!

I just checked, and the color Josh picked was a ValSpar aso--Sunrise Beach.
Surprises me that he picked yellow. Actually, the first color he picked was a really dark blue, which I quickly talked him out of, lol!

Old 08-17-2008, 05:29 PM

Sunrise Beach is a good one, too!

Do you know the side of the park where the Art Center is located? It's right across from that area. Looks like a little restaurant. Well, you can walk right in and get ice cream!

Old 08-17-2008, 06:15 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
So, this is what Fred did on his day off! Lauren picked the colors, which were Valspar-Eddie Bauer "Summer" on the walls and "Sunwash" on the dresser.

She really has a great artistic eye. Most kids would have went for the expected pink and purple.

[IMG][/IMG]

Lauren looks absolutely 'at home' in her newly painted bedroom. What a pose! And, Hik, you are right--she's on her way to becoming an interior decorator! Just look at all that natural talent.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:16 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
Hik - I'm glad that you liked Crawford Meats. Their sausage is wonderful also; we fixed some just this morning. I do not think that their prices are bad considering it is angus, organic beef and none of their meat has hormones at all.

Regarding the fibro and the meds, etc. Make sure that you get your vitamin D level checked via blood work. I am Vitamin D deficient and take 50,000 IU's each week. Low vitamin D levels adversely affect Fibromyalgia symptoms, as well as other things.

Have a great week all.

Old 08-17-2008, 06:51 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Thanks for the Vitamin D info, SMG. That is a lot of vitamin D! It is interesting that you mention that because I am allergic to the sun. (Yeah, everyone says - how can you be allergic to the sun?). I have been almost all my life, so cannot get my vitamin D from sun exposure, which is supposed to be the best way. I do take extra vitamin D to help with calcium uptake. Now, I know that it can help our fibro, too. Thanks for that bit of encouraging info, SMG!

Hik, be sure you are getting the vitamin D, not just from milk, but a supplement, too.

(Did I mysteriously slip into the health forum?)

All of our friends who may be faced with the impending storm, the last track at 8 PM has it at 50 mph and most likely to strike the eastern Gulf area which will have the most effect on W. FL. Sorry, Suzanne. Batton down the hatches and put up those shutters. If you need any help, just call! You are all in my prayers for a safe and non-destructive experience with this storm for you and your loved ones.

Hiknapster, I think Lauren and her room go together like that color was made for her. Look how pleased and content she looks.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:25 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,682,404 times
[quote=gemkeeper;4895767]Thanks for the Vitamin D info, SMG. That is a lot of vitamin D!
(Did I mysteriously slip into the health forum?)

All of our friends who may be faced with the impending storm, the last track at 8 PM has it at 50 mph and most likely to strike the eastern Gulf area which will have the most effect on W. FL. Sorry, Suzanne. Batton down the hatches and put up those shutters. If you need any help, just call! You are all in my prayers for a safe and non-destructive experience with this storm for you and your loved ones.{QUOTE}

I, too, am one of those Vitamin D folks. Glad to know I'm in such good company.

Gem, thanks for the thoughts and prayers as we await Fay or perhaps the outer bands of her nastiness. Don't be too alarmed if your phone does ring.

Of course, Monday's predictions will be forthcoming and the ones we will probably need to heed.

Old 08-17-2008, 07:44 PM

16,177 posts, read 32,497,441 times
My Vitamin D amount, 50,000 IU, was/is prescribed by my internist after checking my bloodwork. I only have to take one small pill once a week though so it isn't that bad (thank you Walgreen's). I have to get blood checkups regularly (I have other vitamin deficiencies/prescriptions), having a doctor monitor things is best when taking anything, including vitamin supplements.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville