U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-24-2008, 12:35 PM

6,196 posts, read 3,338,229 times

Advertisements

Hey Pam, Glad to see you here! Yes Fay skipped us pretty much, just made for an ugly day. It is almost beautiful outside now, the clouds have such colors and shapes, oh and it is cooler too. Hope you and Bill are enjoying the views, I am sure the colors are starting to slowly show in the mtns. I so miss it. And NO to any inquiries on the house, not a call one. Of course Fay didn't bring anyone in with her, lol.

Tennsr- You poor thing, I am so sorry. Please take care and get well soon. I hope you didn't do serious damage to the knee.

Old 08-24-2008, 04:04 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,446,518 times
Painter--Glad to hear Fay bypassed your area. We're weren't so lucky here. We have not damage on our property but there is plenty around to share. And, tit's back to school tomorrow.

Gem--hope your feeling a little stronger each day.

TennSr--So sorry to learn of your backyard fall. Hoses can be dangerous! Take care and hope your recovery is a quick one.

Pam&Bill--How touching #13. We can all learn from that entry.

Gailli--Hope the pond has receded by now. And, Happy Grandma Day tomorrow!

Old 08-24-2008, 05:07 PM

783 posts, read 1,177,591 times
Default Hey

TnSr, so sorry about your fall, I just told my DH today that I needed to call you because I was getting worried since I hadnt heard from you, I will call you tomorrow when I return from my eye check appt.

Suzanne, so glad that you didnt have any damage, the pond has gone down and she is on countdown now, she goes at 6:00am and they will do the CSection around 7:00, I just went and bought her some gifts which I will mail tomorrow.

Everyone else, hope all is good with everyone, all those of you that are posting and all those of you that are lurking

Drove into Gatlinburg today, there isnt much going on there, crowds are gone but there is a lot of buidling going on, also in Pigeon Forge, looks like they are fixing to really expand Gatlinburg and also they are getting a Hilton HOtel.

Take care everyone, I will be on pins and needles waiting for my Grandson to come into the world

Old 08-24-2008, 05:42 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 5 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,031,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
TnSr, so sorry about your fall, I just told my DH today that I needed to call you because I was getting worried since I hadnt heard from you, I will call you tomorrow when I return from my eye check appt.

Suzanne, so glad that you didnt have any damage, the pond has gone down and she is on countdown now, she goes at 6:00am and they will do the CSection around 7:00, I just went and bought her some gifts which I will mail tomorrow.

Everyone else, hope all is good with everyone, all those of you that are posting and all those of you that are lurking

Drove into Gatlinburg today, there isnt much going on there, crowds are gone but there is a lot of buidling going on, also in Pigeon Forge, looks like they are fixing to really expand Gatlinburg and also they are getting a Hilton HOtel.

Take care everyone, I will be on pins and needles waiting for my Grandson to come into the world
Oh! I love Hilton! This is great news!

Good luck with the grand baby!

Old 08-24-2008, 06:49 PM

Default Yep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh! I love Hilton! This is great news!

Good luck with the grand baby!
Hik, yep, a Hilton, it will be one block off the Parkway where Christus Gardens used to be. They are also getting a new waterpark in Gatlinburg along with a new shopping Plaza and new restaurants, its fixing to grow like crazy I think.

Thanks, I am so excited, just sad because it will be the first Grandbaby I wont see born but thats okay, going down in Oct for a week and I can hold him all I want then and then I can give him back and come back to TN

Old 08-24-2008, 08:30 PM

812 posts, read 1,315,518 times
We went into Pigeon Forge yesterday and stopped at the Flying Horse Grill for Lunch--YUMMMM!

Definitely would recommend it!

Where is the waterpark in G-burg going to be at? we didn't go down in that far.

Old 08-24-2008, 08:31 PM

TnSr--so sorry to hear about all you have been going through! I am praying for you!

Gem, I miss you and am praying for you every day.

Last edited by mysticfire0213; 08-24-2008 at 08:32 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 08-24-2008, 08:32 PM

12,546 posts, read 18,443,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
We went into Pigeon Forge yesterday and stopped at the Flying Horse Grill for Lunch--YUMMMM!

Definitely would recommend it!

Where is the waterpark in G-burg going to be at? we didn't go down in that far.
Mystic, thanks for the info on Flying Horse Grill. I have $100 worth of gift certificates there and I was hoping that the place would be good.

Old 08-24-2008, 09:56 PM

Default Flying HOrse

I also have Gift Certificates for Flying Horse, I had $100 but used $25, its pretty good and I cant wait to go back.

The Water Park isnt built yet, I read that some person from the Far East somewhere is buying up the Arrowmont Craft School and all the area around it and wants to build a Waterpark there and a shopping area, it was in the Mountain Press this morning.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:29 AM

I am about to give up. Now we are having trouble with the lender for our mortgage. They told me orignally that since I have only been working for 1 yr since having my last child, that I needed 2 yrs work history. I thgouht I had W2's from 03 and 04 but was mistaken and only had 04. So I called and told her, but then let her also know that I have 2000, 01 and 02 W2's, would that work? she is saying she DOESN'T KNOW and we'll "have to see" if that is acceptable. Are you kidding me? She was like "We realize you were home with your children and no one gets penalized for that BUT...we need 2 yrs work history. Well DUH..that's what 00-02 was...good grief. What else?!?!

Hope everyone else is having a good monday!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville