Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-04-2008, 10:35 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,105,868 times

Advertisements

Thanks, Hik. We plan on having a wonderful time. I can't wait to give my grandson the horses we got for him. He loves horses!
Painter, maybe he can ride one of yours one of these days. http://bestsmileys.com/horses1/3.gif (broken link)

Hik, low blood pressure will definitely make you feel tired and listless. You get less oxygen reaching the brain when the pressure is low! Stand on your head, girl!

It does sound like Harvey has been with a family. But, look at this way, hiknapster. He was either not wanted any longer and dropped off at the shelter. So, he's in a better place with you. Or, he was lost and the owners never checked with the shelter for him. So, he is better off with you. Or, worse yet, he could have been picked up and abused or hit by a car or attacked by other dogs. He is much better off with you and a loving family who adores him!

Old 09-04-2008, 10:49 AM

811 posts, read 2,002,854 times
Hik, I agree with what Gem says about Harvey (not that THAT'S a first--lol) I am glad you all found each other!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:16 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,673,559 times
Default He's a Dream!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Harvey update: He doesn't jump on people, or furniture and hesitates to go in the bedroom. He walks untethered around the yard with us. He is a dream, but I am so afraid that he is someone's dog.
Gem makes some very good points regarding Harvey's landing on your doorstep. I know it is easier said than done, but try not to worry over the 'why' as the shelter did a thorough checkout procedure before placing for adoption. We'd all love to have a dog with Harvey's talents, good looks and respect for others!

Way to Go! Great pick of the litter!!

Old 09-04-2008, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Suzanne Hanna doesnt know what she wants to do yet. Not sure where in Fl you are but...be safe and keep an eye on the storms.
We are in Central FL north of Orlando but not involved with all the flooding. We are so very lucky. We'll both be sheltered from Hanna; but, IKE!

He's another story. I know it is too early to know exactly where he's going, but it doesn't look good today--not for a direct hit in Central FL but certainly for those outer bands.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:24 PM

Smile Thanks friends!

TO SMG, GEM, Em, Galli and anyone else who has kept us (Floridians) in your thoughts and prayers during these intruding storms, from the bottom of our hearts--Thank you, thank you.

Even though it seems like we are getting a 4 - 5-day break, Mr. Ike is looking like a real monster. I would be so happy if Ike was the last storm to hit this year.

Old 09-04-2008, 02:29 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,743,871 times
Hik, Harvey is cute! He sounds to good to be true with such great manners. I am sure he and Mr. Jingles will be buddies soon, too. I guess I was posting about the same time so sorry about the cross posting.

Gem it is a relief to hear that you are indeed doing better. Hopefully yours will not be the bag they pick to check... but you know Murphy's law, right??? LOL

Gialli here's hoping your DH gets a good report card, too! Gem had it right that we aren't getting any younger...

MB I know what gem means and have to agree. How's that for being cryptic???

fallfanatic that animation had me snorting my ice tea... thanks!

Suzanne it looks like you are dodging the bullet with Hanna and I am really hoping Ike does a similar path but even further from anyone and everyone. Gem I hope that you get back safe and sound before Josephine picks a place to land on. If we didn't need some rain I would be wishing her far away, period.

Pam, just checking how the progress is for your return to the fold. You and Bill doing OK???

Old 09-04-2008, 03:01 PM

780 posts, read 1,759,110 times
Default Hello all

Hi all, dropping in to say hi.

suzanne, I am watching and praying about Ike, my sister lives in a Mobile in Fl and I have family all over the state, not to mention friends like you, so I'm keeping good thoughts that he might just might follow Hannah and not come to Fl.

Going to lunch tomorrow with a friend, looking forward to it, always love going to Townsend, its so beautiful over there. Going to the Smith Family Theater tomorrow night, although I may have chosen a bad time, Rods show will be in town, thankfully its not as big as the one they have next week but its big enough, not to mention I heard they get a little rowdy sometimes too.

Hik, the dog is beautiful, just be happy with him, who are we to question "why" as God has all the answers any way.

Hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, if you go to the Fair have a cotton candy for me will you

Old 09-04-2008, 03:06 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,104,290 times
Hi everyone!

I'm really afraid to look at the satellite pictures. I bet it looks awful.

Well, Harvey is still chasing the cat up trees, and today he crossed the street and wouldn't come when I called him. Of course, he doesn't know his name, yet. I guess he is getting bolder!

Gailli you should be okay at the theater and Townsend sounds wonderful!

Old 09-04-2008, 03:09 PM

780 posts, read 1,759,110 times
Hik, I think we will be fine, going to take the back way and we will come out right at the theater so we dont have to actually get into too much of the bottleneck, I do enjoy seeing all the antique cars though, it brings back lots of memories I have from the 50's

Old 09-04-2008, 04:36 PM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times
Gailli Grab me a black and white '57 chevy will ya? White diamond tuck leather is preferred but not necessary, lol.
Hik, Harvey is just getting comfortable, it's all good, but he does need to learn to come when called!
Gem I would love to let those grandkids ride Truleebug when we all get moved! She is the only one I am keeping and probably have to board, eekkks! she is a pretty little bay mare, our baby!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville