U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-06-2008, 01:37 PM

6,196 posts, read 3,247,991 times
GEM, Glad you touched bases here to let us know who made it safe and sound, no more worrying here! Have a great time and tell the little cowboy to hold on!

Gailli, That one will be just fine! Did you have a good time at the show? I always stand around and droul like a idiot, and wish I had never got rid of all the cars I had owned.

Pam, POSITIVE thinking is what we have..

Suzanne, glad you are able to cool down, it is the pits to loose power in Florida, I know...hoping you stay out of harms way with Ike coming at us.

Old 09-06-2008, 02:31 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,391,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
Good day, everyone! We made it to Texas just fine, only a First Class cabin lav repair delay - for an 1 1/2 hrs. But, the flight was uneventful and WE'RE HERE!!

My grandson has been a ball and loves his horses that grandma brought.
GEM, Glad to hear your flight was uneventful and thanks for checking in on this line. Isn't it wonderful those first classers didn't have to stand in line like the rest of the poor folk!

Painter, thanks for the well wishes and here's hoping Ike keeps going west away from your area as well.

Hope everyone is having a grand weekend.

Old 09-06-2008, 03:54 PM

783 posts, read 1,150,563 times
Default My fireplace

Hey Hik, this is my fireplace, of course its not real, its electric but you can see I am a romanticist at heart:

http://i531.photobucket.com/albums/dd353/gailli/fireplace.jpg (broken link)

Old 09-06-2008, 04:34 PM

21,637 posts, read 31,022,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gailli View Post
Hey Hik, this is my fireplace, of course its not real, its electric but you can see I am a romanticist at heart:
That is SO pretty! Thanks for showing me that! I love it! Does anyone know where to buy fireplace tools? I need two sets. It use to be so easy to find and now I can't find them!

Old 09-06-2008, 05:14 PM

4,951 posts, read 1,686,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
That is SO pretty! Thanks for showing me that! I love it! Does anyone know where to buy fireplace tools? I need two sets. It use to be so easy to find and now I can't find them!
I bought mine at walmart. I've seen them at Lowes also.

Old 09-06-2008, 05:22 PM

12,503 posts, read 17,914,151 times
Gem - Thank you for updating us with your safe arrival. So glad to hear that you finally made it and that grandson is in sight. Do us a favor and spoil him rotten a little extra for your C-D buddies.

Galli - your fireplace and surround is lovely. Thank you for sharing

Suzanne - DH and I drove by your house today! We really didn't set out to drive by it but we were out and about taking a country drive and -wallah- there we were! We just drove by and didn't stop or go up in your neighborhood. The house behind you is for sale, although you probably knew that. From what I could tell your house looked awesome and undisturbed.

Hik - I was out bargain shopping a couple of weekends ago at a Habitat store and saw the most beautiful fireplace tools there; the old and very sturdy/well-made ones. I remember wishing I had a wood burning fireplace so that I could have snapped them up. (I have gas with fake logs). I agree with others, Lowe's and Home Depot will be getting some sets in soon!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:00 PM

4,951 posts, read 1,686,555 times
Have a grand evening everyone!!!!!

Old 09-06-2008, 06:47 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,391,384 times
[quote=SmokyMtnGal;5157860]Suzanne - DH and I drove by your house today! We really didn't set out to drive by it but we were out and about taking a country drive and -wallah- there we were! We just drove by and didn't stop or go up in your neighborhood. The house behind you is for sale, although you probably knew that. From what I could tell your house looked awesome and undisturbed. QUOTE}

We appreciate your watchful eye on our home and know that you are welcome to drive by and/or drive in anytime you are in the neighborhood. Landscaping is slowly taking shape. There's a bit of a learning curve in regard to horticulture and floraculture TN style. But, we are learning! In so many ways we feel like we're moving 'back home' minus the snow. WE, too, have that 'country-drive yearning.'

Old 09-06-2008, 07:11 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,395,729 times
Hik- I've been meaning to tell you... Harvey is adorable and your mantle is shaping up nicely.
Gailli- Loved the pic! Somehow I knew you were a romantic at heart!
Suzanne- Glad you are doing fine and when do you become a full time Tn. resident?
Gem- Hope your visit is a great one with your grandson!
Fall Fanatic- Love your graphics!
Night Knoxville.
Pam

Old 09-06-2008, 08:12 PM

812 posts, read 1,282,621 times
Pam--keeping everything crossed for you that you get that approval quickly! (well, except my eyes--the Bell's Palsy won't really let me do that, LOL)

Gailli--love the mantle!

Gem-glad you had a safe trip--I wish I could be over there with you--to visit my mom--you wouldn't drive over there and give her a hug for me, would you?! LOL just kidding. Have a wonderful visit with your grandson!

Goodnight knoxville!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville