Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-17-2008, 08:59 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,267,233 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
hiknapster: Can you get the discounted price if you order through your remote or do you have to call in order to get the discount? For the last PPV game I called and got the discount because I wanted to make sure I got it.

Thanks for your help!!
I'm trying to find out for you. I'll probably call "Teardrop1955." She works Fridays and Saturdays and knows more about this.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:11 AM

197 posts, read 485,270 times
Hmmm. I drink coffee!!!

I'm such a rebel.

I am NOT a goody two shoes. YOU TAKE THAT BACK!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:13 AM

Chantix is prescription. We pay about $25-$35 for the prescription. I can't remember, but it is covered by my insurance.

I smoked one and one-half packs a day.

Fred smoked three.

That's about $210 as opposed to $35 for me. That's $175 savings. I am still weaning myself off, which is allowed with Chantix. So subtract about $60. That still is a savings of $115.

With Fred, he spent about $420. Subtract $35 from that and you are saving $385. He is still "quitting" so subtract about $100 and you get $285.

So we save about $400, even though we pay for the meds and are still smoking, although barely. I was really generous with my figures. We are probably saving more.

If anyone ever wondered why we are able to pay this mortgage, you now have your answer.

And we feel a heck of a lot better. Just this week, I finally got back my ability to smell. That is a good and a bad thing!

Old 10-17-2008, 09:20 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
Well I would give you a hug if I could reach you! I am proud of both of you for quiting or trying too. I have gone from 2 to 1 and it has been relatively easy but this last pack a day is difficult. I had tried those patches afew yrs ago and got deathly sick from them so now I am leary of all aids. I am at 2.51/pack here so that comes out to 17.51/wk if I stay at 1 pack a day-IF.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:41 AM

I've tried the patch and the gum. The gum worked for me but that was 23 years ago. I quit for a year. However, I was nowhere as addicted as I am now.

I really did not think that this would work, but it did. If it can work for my husband, it can work for anyone.

You will feel sick for the first few days. It passes and it doesn't happen again.

We have motivation, too. It pays our mortgage. We won't smoke inside the house. And we hate smoking around Lauren.

Oh! And now I'm a Girl Scout leader. That's another excellent reason to quit.

Fred offered to do a baking activity with the girls. How sweet is that?

Bebette: I'm still trying to figure out how you order the game On Demand. This is really embarrassing.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:49 AM

2,017 posts, read 5,348,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquarijen View Post
Hmmm. I drink coffee!!!

I'm such a rebel.

I am NOT a goody two shoes. YOU TAKE THAT BACK!
I didn't call you a goody two shoes.......
Pam

Old 10-17-2008, 09:53 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,484,116 times
I feel so left out of the Comcast Club. Anyone work for Charter?

Hik, congrats on quitting! I am a major tobacco hater for a variety of reasons; mostly because of the pain I have seen people go through because of their health issues. They all swore that it wouldn't happen to them; but of course, it did.

Old 10-17-2008, 09:56 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,443,360 times
Well I guess if I stop eating, driving and stayed off this laptop I could quit on my own. As long as I am working I don't think about it. Could take an office job, if I could actually find one, that would take 8-10 hrs out of the day. Yep, quit smoking-get healthy, stop eating-get skinny, find a new job-get money sounds good to me!

Old 10-17-2008, 10:29 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,391,103 times
re: the Vols-- I was not able to order from my remote; I had to call in and order the PPV, then they told me the channel number. I am-- HUGE SHOCK-- not ordering the game this time. First time ever! Of course, I may break down tomorrow and go somewhere and watch it, but right now I'm planning an exciting day of yard work.

Pam, the reason we're stuck with PPV is that the team is losing. Tennessee has always been a must-watch team, so the networks carried the games. Now the team is at the bottom of the rankings and the stations would rather play other games that will bring in higher ratings. UT gets paid for televised games; they have to pay for taping when it's not, and they recoup the costs via PPV. It's all about money. College football has gone from entertainment to business. Sad.

I hear that many of the students are boycotting the game tomorrow, and they expect a lot of empty seats. They started charging students for tickets and the students were already mad. If TN loses tomorrow, heads may roll.

Old 10-17-2008, 10:37 AM

2,197 posts, read 7,391,103 times
Aquarijen, I'm really sorry about your cat. But don't give up hope! Furry friends can surprise you!

Six years ago, my dog was diagnosed with terminal kidney disease, and they gave him 18 months. Last year, he had a terrible Grand Mal seizure and stroke. They said it was likely a brain tumor and gave him six months. He's still here, he looks healthy and he seems to feel pretty good for an 11-year-old dog. So hang in there. Animals are tougher than we think.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville