Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-03-2008, 05:21 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
Ok, I had to look up these "ugg's" y'all are talking about, never heard of them. And the way you were talking I was expecting them to look really bad, they are not to bad. Not near as bad as those "crocks"....those I just don't get, rubber shoes that looked like they went through the swiss cheese mill. And EVERYONE is wearing them! I'll take a pair of those boots, but the crocks, sorry, can't pay me to wear em LOL!.
mbmouse, I'm with you 100%!! I think those 'croc shoes' are just about the ugliest things I've ever seen!! I also just looked up the ugg's, and they look comfy, but man they sure aren't cheap!!!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:35 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bebette View Post
mbmouse, I'm with you 100%!! I think those 'croc shoes' are just about the ugliest things I've ever seen!! I also just looked up the ugg's, and they look comfy, but man they sure aren't cheap!!!
Ditto on those croc ?shoes?! Not in my definition. And, oh, the horror stories regarding safety and foot injuries. Not a chance. But, UGG, now there's a shoe. Happy shopping all!

Old 12-03-2008, 05:52 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Hiknapster, so sorry to hear it's taking longer to bounce back @ your house...hang in there! I hope y'all have great weather for the parade & really hope you'll post pics on here. We need Fallfanatic to post you a get well graphic for your family!!

SMG, everyone is right about the UGGS. I'm too old to wear them with skirts & such, but I have the slippers & a pair of the ultra boots & I live in them - have 'em on now in fact. I got my mom a pr. of the slippers & she's ga-ga over them also. I got mine @ zappos.com. Not sure if they were any cheaper than elsewhere, but the free shipping & returns - as many back & forth as you need - have me sold.

I get all my shoes from Zappos now - I love the customer reviews. They publish all of them, good or bad; and several people say they order multiple sizes & send back the ones that don't fit. Zappos doesn't seem to mind that at all & their customer service is so good that I think every corporation in America could learn a thing or two from them!

Planning my second trip to East TN this spring - planning on checking out the Fountain City area. Is it possible for me to be "homesick" for a state I've only been to once?

Old 12-03-2008, 06:02 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Planning my second trip to East TN this spring - planning on checking out the Fountain City area. Is it possible for me to be "homesick" for a state I've only been to once?
Yes, you can.

I visited once and was near-tears homesick until we moved here.

Great review about zappos. I am definitely going to check that out!

I agree, everyone. Crocs look so cheesy.

Thanks for all the concern. Lauren and Fred are fine. I am much better, but always feel sick in the mornings with a screaming headache. I bet I will feel a lot better tomorrow!

Everyone have a wonderful night!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:08 PM

2,700 posts, read 3,681,348 times
Hik and family--good news to hear you're mending!

Piper--I, too, am a Zappos satisfied customer. Just wish I could find a larger 'narrow width' selection from them. But, their customer service is great.

And, Hik's correct--you can be homesick very easily. That's probably a normal feeling!!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:14 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,390,708 times
Ditto the Zappos! I just did my shopping there last weekend. I bought my mother a pair of UGG slippers. I also bought my nephews peace sign Vans (peace on Earth and all that). I love mine!

Dansko clogs, UGGs and Vans-- yep, that probably qualifies me for the odd shoe Hall of Fame, but I am pleased to say I do not own any Crocs. Though I do have ladybug garden clogs and they look just about as awful.

Last edited by goodbyehollywood; 12-03-2008 at 06:32 PM..

Old 12-03-2008, 06:41 PM

I've been over to Zappos.com and I love the look of the Uggs Felicity Wedge Boot! Have any of you tried that one....I just wonder how comfortable it would be!

Old 12-03-2008, 06:49 PM

2,514 posts, read 4,953,028 times
Wow! Bebette, I just checked 'em out & didn't realize Uggs had added so many new styles! I didn't even know they made pairs with a heel. Those are cute!! The reviews by & large are great...a few caveats, but most are loving them. Zappos almost became a scary addiction for me. Then I started my own business in March of '08, so now I'm pumping all my moola into that! Shoes...gotta love 'em!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by piperspal View Post
Wow! Bebette, I just checked 'em out & didn't realize Uggs had added so many new styles! I didn't even know they made pairs with a heel. Those are cute!! The reviews by & large are great...a few caveats, but most are loving them. Zappos almost became a scary addiction for me. Then I started my own business in March of '08, so now I'm pumping all my moola into that! Shoes...gotta love 'em!
I've worn flip flops year round for so long, and my feet are already not happy with being enclosed in sneakers since we moved here.......so I don't know how they will react with boots - particularly ones with a wedge heel!!

I may have to go into a store and try them on first.....then come back and order them onliine!!

Piperspal, in my younger days I went on the philosophy that 'she who has the most shoes, wins'........ now, I'm pretty content with just a few!!! But looking at zappos.com, I see how I could easily revert back to my old ways!!

Old 12-03-2008, 07:19 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,777,312 times
Quote:
Ha! They'll join my leather & wood clogs I got in the Netherlands 22 years ago that I still wear and love. I actually got a compliment on them a couple of weeks ago and I immediately called 911 to order a stat eye exam and Brain Scan on the poor soul!

I've decided that comfortable is the new fashionable in my book.
SMG, I just got rid of my cork bottom clogs purchased (a few decades ago) when we were in Germany and Denmark before we moved! lol on ordering the eye exam!

I will not touch those awful crocs either. Something about plastic shoes are a complete turnoff. They just look ugly to me. On the other hand I have been very happy with shoes I found for the last 6 or 7 years from both LL Bean and Lands End Comfort Mocs: Shoes at L.L.Bean The fashion police would be handing out tickets for them if they caught me but they are warm and comfy, what more do I need?

I've ordered the original Uggs since before Pam Anderson made then cool. The boots make the best slippers when you live in a place with really cold winters. LL Bean always had them at good prices. I didn't think I would want them here since I expected a milder winter... maybe I need them after all!!! Here is one link: Ugg Australia Ultimate Short Boots: Casual at L.L.Bean
Sorry about all the LLBean links... but one made me think of the other. I'm going to have to look at Zappos from all the recommendations!

HIK I'm really sorry you have been through so much and hope the headache goes away and the stomach recovers. It's no fun having to be sick and work (and be pleasant when you don't feel like it).

Piperspal you sure can be homesick for a place that feels like home- that was how we felt once we had made a trip to this area. It was hard to have to go home to our old place every time we made the trek. It is a combination of the people here and the beautiful landscapes all around us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville