U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 07-03-2008, 10:58 AM

105 posts, read 383,803 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Tamor,
I hope all goes well for you and you end up in Knoxville or Tn. soon.
I've got my eyes squeezed shut and my fingers crossed. Can you feel the vibes?
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Welcome tamor!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think I hear gem howdying!

Hugs to all!!!!!
Thanks! I can feel the vibes all the way across the state! I'll be back up there for a another weekend trip at the end of July and maybe that will be the last time I have to leave before I call it home!

Old 07-03-2008, 12:33 PM

2,011 posts, read 3,402,444 times
Quote:

Well, Lauren doesn't have pink eye. She has an ear infection. Went to the doctor today.

Fred thinks that one of the guys that he does business with has a sofa. Only about a year new.

I'm going to try and get some pics up. I found my camera!

Hugs to all!!!!!

Is that what all that racket was coming from the Interstate????? Could it have really been our Gem???
Pam

Old 07-03-2008, 02:18 PM

38 posts, read 42,483 times
Hik Check Craig's list today! Free table and chairs.

Old 07-03-2008, 06:41 PM

4,733 posts, read 6,475,146 times
Quote:

Well, Lauren doesn't have pink eye. She has an ear infection. Went to the doctor today.

Fred thinks that one of the guys that he does business with has a sofa. Only about a year new.

I'm going to try and get some pics up. I found my camera!

Hugs to all!!!!!
It was ME!! And, Hik, if I had saved your MLS listing address you would have had a surprise visitor about 2:30! DH said that we would swing off the interstate and pop in. If you weren't home I was going to have DH take my picture in front of your house and post it!!

When I went to the listings this morning before leaving to get the address, it was gone - of course, it's SOLD! Somebody bought it last week.

And, now I see that you might have some furniture in your future. What could be better. It's a wonderful life, don't you think?

I was hollering to you as we went behind Turkey Creek on I-75.

Poor Lauen. An ear infection is so painful. I hope she is better real soon! That's easy to confuse with pink eye, hiknapster.

Seriously, give her lots of TLC so she can get better real soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamor View Post
Thanks! I can feel the vibes all the way across the state! I'll be back up there for a another weekend trip at the end of July and maybe that will be the last time I have to leave before I call it home!
Welcome, tamor. I hope that you find a wonderful home in the Knoxville area. Most people who visit do fall in love with the area, the people and the culture. Hurry back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Is that what all that racket was coming from the Interstate????? Could it have really been our Gem???
Pam
Pam, it was me; it was me!! I was sending you a hug and hello!

I am borrowing the computer at the hotel in Berea, KY tonight, so cannot be on long. But, I will fill everyone in on our introduction to our new grandson tomorrow. We are very excited to see them all. Today is my son's birthday and I'll get to hug him tomorrow!

Old 07-03-2008, 08:20 PM

21,643 posts, read 31,098,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
It was ME!! And, Hik, if I had saved your MLS listing address you would have had a surprise visitor about 2:30! DH said that we would swing off the interstate and pop in. If you weren't home I was going to have DH take my picture in front of your house and post it!!

When I went to the listings this morning before leaving to get the address, it was gone - of course, it's SOLD! Somebody bought it last week.

And, now I see that you might have some furniture in your future. What could be better. It's a wonderful life, don't you think?

I was hollering to you as we went behind Turkey Creek on I-75.

Poor Lauen. An ear infection is so painful. I hope she is better real soon! That's easy to confuse with pink eye, hiknapster.

Seriously, give her lots of TLC so she can get better real soon.

Welcome, tamor. I hope that you find a wonderful home in the Knoxville area. Most people who visit do fall in love with the area, the people and the culture. Hurry back.

Pam, it was me; it was me!! I was sending you a hug and hello!

I am borrowing the computer at the hotel in Berea, KY tonight, so cannot be on long. But, I will fill everyone in on our introduction to our new grandson tomorrow. We are very excited to see them all. Today is my son's birthday and I'll get to hug him tomorrow!
Oh, gem, you should have called me. Please stop by on the way back! PLEASE! I think you have my cell! I think. Maybe not. I think I got the cell after your husband was sick.

The house is a couple minutes from the interstate. PLEASE! STOP BY. You can tell if I did good or not!

Be careful driving.

Old 07-03-2008, 09:27 PM

4,951 posts, read 1,689,539 times
hik...<<<Great big hugs for you!!!>>>> I am thrilled for you!!!! Give Lauren a big hug from me too.....

ksurvivor...Congrats on moving to Tn!!!! What a wonderful bunch we have there!!!!

tamor.....Wishing you all the best, got everything here crossed for you too!!!!

SMG, Pam and painter......Hi!!!! How are yall doing??

gem...I wish I was already there, I would have to insist that y'all stopped by!!!

EVERYONE HAVE A WONDERFUL AND SAFE 4TH!!!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 01:48 PM

HAPPY 4TH OF JULY!!!!!!!!!!! HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND STAY SAFE!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/Happy4thpuppy.gif (broken link)................HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA!!!!!!! SENDING LOVE, SUPPORT AND PRAYERS FOR OUR TROOPS!!!!!

Old 07-04-2008, 02:06 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,395,962 times
Default We made it!

DH, Karrson and I arrived safe and sound Wednesday. Yes, I know it's taken me two days to get back on the net to see how my buddies are faring. Sounds like all are doing fine. Enjoying the 4th, I hope.

Everything's 'cool' here except the a/c is not cooperating. Of course, no need to worry--we should be able to handle TN heat vs. FL heat! Though it gets a little testy last afternoon. Thank goodness the nights are cool. Love it.

Hope to meet some CD friends in person soon.

Old 07-04-2008, 02:20 PM

3,897 posts, read 818,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzanne1945 View Post
DH, Karrson and I arrived safe and sound Wednesday. Yes, I know it's taken me two days to get back on the net to see how my buddies are faring. Sounds like all are doing fine. Enjoying the 4th, I hope.

Everything's 'cool' here except the a/c is not cooperating. Of course, no need to worry--we should be able to handle TN heat vs. FL heat! Though it gets a little testy last afternoon. Thank goodness the nights are cool. Love it.

Hope to meet some CD friends in person soon.
Welcome to TN Suzanne!!! Hope you enjoy your 'trial-run' retirement!!! We retired to to East TN 3 months ago and we love it!!!!!! The weather here is amazing.....particularly when compared with FL weather!!! We don't miss that humidity AT ALL!!!!! Plus, we don't have to worry about those pesky old hurricanes!!!! When will your 'permanent' move happen????

Old 07-04-2008, 02:25 PM

WELCOME TO TENNESSEE SUZANNE1945!!!!!!!!!!! GLAD YOU GOT THERE SAFE AND SOUND!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/Oldhousewelcome.jpg (broken link) HOME IN TENNESSEE!!!!!!!!!!

.................................................. ........................http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/WelcomeKitten.gif (broken link) SO GLAD YOU ARE THERE!!!! I JUST KNOW YOU WILL LOVE IT AND YOUR TRIAL RETIREMENT WILL TURN INTO PERMENANT!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fallfanatic; 07-04-2008 at 02:35 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville