Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2013, 08:53 AM

10,998 posts, read 9,632,795 times

Advertisements

Loudon and Lenoir City are SMALL towns. Shopping in Loudon is pretty much non-existent except for Food City, Dollar General, that sort of thing. Lenoir City is a little better, but still pretty poor. At least it has a WalMart, Home Depot, and some chain restaurants. Not exactly a metropolis. However Turkey Creek/Farragut is a short (15-20 minute) drive up Kingston Pike or I-75, and there is more shopping and restaurants than we know what to do with there. We knew this coming in and were perfectly okay with it, as it mirrored our previous situation in our hometown.

Old 08-13-2013, 08:18 PM

950 posts, read 3,180,426 times
It seems that the Tallassee community (a now-defunct Cherokee town) could one day become some kind of a resort community like nearby Tellico Village and Rarity in Loudon and Monroe counties.

ALCOA (the giant steel company, not the city) and TVA owned lots of lands over there. I do not know if they still owned any. TVA owned pretty much of what later became Tellico Village and Rarity.

Old 08-18-2013, 06:40 PM

21 posts, read 63,228 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytrooper View Post
Can anyone shed some light for me on Lenoir City and Loudon ? I am pondering these areas also. I will be in the area latter this month to do some looking around with my realtor.
Honestly I wouldn't move to Lenoir City. We moved there from NJ 8 years ago. It wasn't close to anything convenient and the high school is awful. After a few years we sold our house and moved to West Knoxville and we like it much better. Just 5 minutes from shopping, several grocery stores, movie theatre etc. I would suggest Farragut, Karns, or Hardin Valley. Especially of you have kids. But if your looking for land Loudon might be a better fit. It's more in the "country" but parts of it are nice.

Old 09-25-2013, 06:26 AM

47 posts, read 157,030 times
Thanks for asking these questions. I was curious about Loudon and Lenoir City myself as I'm looking for a little land for my horse and want to have less than a half hour commute to West Knox for work.

Since I don't drink or eat out much the lack of liquor sales and restaurants are no problem to me. And shopping I will do before or after work when I'm in Knoxville. I don't have children and won't be having any so schools aren't an issue.

How about garages for truck repairs? Any good reliable ones in the area? What are the cable providers and what is cellular services like?

Old 09-26-2013, 08:14 PM

95 posts, read 177,040 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarragansettPark View Post
Thanks for asking these questions. I was curious about Loudon and Lenoir City myself as I'm looking for a little land for my horse and want to have less than a half hour commute to West Knox for work.

Since I don't drink or eat out much the lack of liquor sales and restaurants are no problem to me. And shopping I will do before or after work when I'm in Knoxville. I don't have children and won't be having any so schools aren't an issue.

How about garages for truck repairs? Any good reliable ones in the area? What are the cable providers and what is cellular services like?
There are a few decent shops around for repairs and service. Cable provider is Charter. We use Verizon and do not have any issues with it.

Old 09-27-2013, 01:36 PM

47 posts, read 157,030 times
I have charter here in MA so I'm used to their services. It would be nice to transfer with the equipment I already have.

Does anyone have T-mobile? I looked at their coverage map of the area, but those aren't always so reliable!

Old 09-27-2013, 07:57 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,077,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NarragansettPark View Post
I have charter here in MA so I'm used to their services. It would be nice to transfer with the equipment I already have.

Does anyone have T-mobile? I looked at their coverage map of the area, but those aren't always so reliable!
But I think the places you are now looking at have Comcast.

Bear in mind, if you are a street with only a few homes on it, you may not have a cable connection. Make sure to check if you buy. If you can't get cable or even DSL, it would be VERY costly for you to get it to come to you. If internet is not a big deal, then it might not matter to you.

Old 09-28-2013, 12:18 PM

10,998 posts, read 9,632,795 times
You can get Charter or DirecTV or Dish Network in this area. Verizon cell phone seems to be the most reliable around here, but there are dead spots and it can be spotty.

Old 09-29-2013, 10:26 PM

950 posts, read 3,180,426 times
T-Mobile did not have their own towers in the Knoxville area until 2008 or so. The LTE/4g one went online recently in Knoxville. There might be parts of Loudon County where you can get LTE/4g. I am still confused with T-Mobile's recently-revised coverage map page.

From what I have checked is that T-Mobile has at least two towers in northern Knoxville and one in Madisonville (outside of Loudon).

Old 12-15-2013, 08:00 AM

25 posts, read 131,055 times
How is the fishing in the area near Lenoir City? How deep are the lakes? We're looking to move in the area, checking out Greenback, Loudon and Marysville - how are the schools? Have a 13 year old.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville