U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 09:07 AM

13 posts, read 16,703 times

Advertisements

Can anyone shed some light for me on Lenoir City and Loudon ? I am pondering these areas also. I will be in the area latter this month to do some looking around with my realtor.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:47 PM

729 posts, read 1,356,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skytrooper View Post
Can anyone shed some light for me on Lenoir City and Loudon ? I am pondering these areas also. I will be in the area latter this month to do some looking around with my realtor.
Shed some light on what exactly?

Old 08-10-2013, 01:17 PM

1,197 posts, read 1,660,642 times
I consider those suburbs of Knoxville since they're both included in the metropolitan area. http://archive.knoxmpc.org/populatio...SAMap_2013.pdf

I have limited knowledge of Lenoir City since I've been there maybe 2 times. It seems to have more limited amenities than Maryville or even Oak Ridge. That's not surprising given the population is much lower. It has a much more rural feel. It has good interstate access and you can be in Knoxville (Turkey Creek area) for shopping, dining, etc in about 20-25 mins.

If you're interested in being outside the most populated city/suburban areas, but wish to be near enough for occasional amenities, then these locations may be a fit for you.

Are you considering these areas only or also along with others? What is important to you in an area to relocate?

Old 08-10-2013, 02:17 PM

95 posts, read 120,377 times
Depends on what you're looking for. Lenoir City can be very boring if you want good restaurants, pubs/taverns and shopping. The only place you can get a drink is at a chain restaurant like Chili's. You have to drive into Knox county to purchase wine or liquor.

Very little for shopping, unless you consider Wal-Mart a shopping destination. I would avoid it like the plague unless you speak spanish or you're toothless and sweatpants is your attire of choice.

The grocery stores I find to be sub-par compared to the stores in Farragut. I will actually drive to Farragut to grocery shop to avoid the stores in Lenoir City.

The plus side is the real estate is less than being a few miles further east and you're close to the lake if you boat or fish. You will find yourself driving to Farragut - Turkey Creek - West Knox to do any shopping or dining. You might want to consider looking further east of Lenoir City.

Old 08-10-2013, 04:28 PM

923 posts, read 2,545,444 times
^You are able to purchase wine/liquor in the city limits of Loudon. You would probably have to drive to Knox or another county to find your favorite wine/liquors. Ed Bell and his buddies for years have tried to get Lenoir City to allow sale of wine/liquor in the city limits, but the voters have rejected that twice.

Old 08-10-2013, 06:30 PM

95 posts, read 120,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian View Post
^You are able to purchase wine/liquor in the city limits of Loudon. You would probably have to drive to Knox or another county to find your favorite wine/liquors. Ed Bell and his buddies for years have tried to get Lenoir City to allow sale of wine/liquor in the city limits, but the voters have rejected that twice.
I wish the voters would change their minds. Lenoir City needs a couple of pubs and a nice sports bar. Whoever gets the opportunity to open one will have a gold mine. Same goes with a liquor store.

Old 08-10-2013, 09:12 PM

3,773 posts, read 3,316,800 times
Skytrooper, please ask some specific questions. I live in Tellico Village, which is basically between/south of Loudon and Lenoir City. What would you like to know?
Also you can buy liquor at Dixie Lee which is only about halfway to Farragut/Turkey Creek, or in Loudon.

Old 08-10-2013, 10:20 PM

82 posts, read 129,520 times
I was just there and some of the country roads on the outskirts were great. Check out Milton Hill if you're into Fishing. You have the Loudon dam also.

Old 08-11-2013, 07:28 AM

13 posts, read 16,703 times
I just wanted to know what the general area is like, food, shopping, amenities, social atmosphere, etc. I am going to be looking at some properties there and I figured that I would ask the folks that know the area instead of going in blind.
I am also looking at Maryville, Seymour, Tallassee, Greenback, Loudon, Friendsville, Louisville, Walland, and South Knoxville. I have 3 dogs, 3 cats so I want to find a property where I can keep them (1+ acres).

What about Tallassee and Lake of the Skies, what is that area like ? So far on my previous trips to the area I have been to Maryville, Greenback, Louisville. I have been north of the city in Karn and Halls, but didn't like that area as much as south of the city.

Thanks for the helpful replies

Also, schools do not matter as our kids are adults and live in other states

Old 08-11-2013, 07:38 AM

82 posts, read 129,520 times
From what I saw, shopping there was limited. But shopping isn't far away at all. The road that goes right through there is the actual Thunder Road....where they used to run moonshine. Pretty cool. If you go east, it runs you towards some real nice areas.

I love the K'Town area. Just east south eastish of Maryville you have Cades Cove too. A must see for the wildlife lovers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2013 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville