Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:33 PM

1,775 posts, read 8,078,515 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pam& Bill View Post
Ummm, Squirrel?
Having a bad day? What exactly was it I said that annoyed you?
Pam
That's what i was trying to figure out myself. I went back and read your posts and didn't see any good reason for such a rude comment. But i see it's deleted now so all is better. SQUIRREL was having a bad day on another thread too where i see the comment was also deleted there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 11:15 AM

13,337 posts, read 39,765,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
JMT, I love to look at the listings you put on here of houses in good areas, it is hard when you are so faraway trying to imagine these places.......And from experience I realize that they don't look at good online as they do in person. This way we get an idea of the nicer areas. Wondering if I could trouble you to do some more neighborhoods in nice areas on the rest of the city....West, South, and East.

I also love the older craftsman style houses, I got to tell you that the one on Tecoma Avenue pulled at my heart strings.......I was born in house that looked identical to that, only the living room windows(I am assuming the bay) was located on the opposite side.......! I am also needing to be 100,000 or less and since it is just me not alot of square footage.

I am so confused about Knoxville vs Kingsport I could cry......lol.
Sure! I'm not too familiar with West Knox, but here are some places I found in South Knoxville:

Single Family Home - 3510 South Haven, Knoxville, TN, 37920 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 239 GILBERT, KNOXVILLE, TN, 37920 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 4612 FLORENCE RD, KNOXVILLE, TN, 37920 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 2324 PEACHTREE STREET, KNOXVILLE, TN, 37920 - Realtor.com

Here are some in Fountain City (North Knoxville):

Single Family Home - 508 GLENOAKS DR, KNOXVILLE, TN, 37912 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 2201 Aster Rd., Knoxville, TN, 37918 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 1206 CEDAR LANE, KNOXVILLE, TN, 37912 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 1109 Adair, Knoxville, TN, 37918 - Realtor.com

More in North Knoxville:

Single Family Home - 2439 AMBER ST., KNOXVILLE, TN, 37917 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 2404 Buffat Mill Rd, Knoxville, TN, 37917 - Realtor.com

Single Family Home - 2205 WASHINGTON PIKE, KNOXVILLE, TN, 37917 - Realtor.com

Old 12-02-2007, 04:11 PM

2,017 posts, read 5,332,942 times
JMT,
I haven't been online all day and I come here and see this post with all those listings! Thank you so much, you are great.
I repped you but it would only let me do it once.
Pam

Old 12-02-2007, 06:31 PM

252 posts, read 1,069,396 times
Default DITTO to what Pam and Bill said

JMT, thank you so much for taking the time to look these up.....You didn't have to do that for us. I am so glad to know you, and that u are on cd forums. What would we do w/o your wealth of info!

I just finished looking at these and my heart is going pitter patter......lol. I am thinking it may be cheaper to buy than to rent. I can't believe some of the prices on these homes......there are none around here like that for sure!

Last edited by Topo; 12-02-2007 at 06:44 PM.. Reason: want to add

Old 12-02-2007, 09:00 PM

13,337 posts, read 39,765,772 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Topo View Post
JMT, thank you so much for taking the time to look these up.....You didn't have to do that for us. I am so glad to know you, and that u are on cd forums. What would we do w/o your wealth of info!

I just finished looking at these and my heart is going pitter patter......lol. I am thinking it may be cheaper to buy than to rent. I can't believe some of the prices on these homes......there are none around here like that for sure!
I love helping people like you and Pam&Bill! I just hope you guys don't get into a bidding war for the same house. haha

But seriously, I love love love living in this part of Knoxville. I really tried to find houses for you that are in good, safe neighborhoods. And to be honest, even the absolute worst neighborhood in Knoxville is nothing compared to inner-city neighborhoods in Atlanta or Memphis, or even Nashville or Chattanooga.

Of the three neighborhoods I showed in my previous post, I think Fountain City would be my favorite. It was one of the first suburbs of Knoxville, developed in the 1890s. It has its own little commercial district next to a small lake with a big fountain (hence the area's name). Knoxville annexed it in the 1960s, I think. People in Fountain City, to this day, don't call themselves residents of Knoxville even though their street addresses all say Knoxville. They say they live in Fountain City. Not Knoxville. So there's a real sense of pride. Unfortunately, some of the older, larger homes are more expensive. But even the less expensive smaller ones like I showed you are in nice neighborhoods with full-grown trees and just a short hop to stores, banks, restaurants, parks, schools, and a freeway where you can be downtown in less than 10 minutes.

Good luck to you and to Pam&Bill!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville