Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2015, 01:28 PM

238 posts, read 667,607 times

Advertisements

Hi all. My buddies and I are planning a guys weekend in Knoxville (it's the only central location we can all reasonably drive to from 4 different states). None of us have ever been there. Anyways, I was wondering if you had any insights on where the main bar scene is downtown and where to stay? We'd prefer to be walkable distance to some bars/restaurants/etc.. I was looking up house rentals and don't see much so we might be stuck in a hotel. Any other tips?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2015, 03:10 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,201,701 times
For a weekend, a hotel is probably best. Downtown around Market Square and Gay Street, along with The Old City, you should be able to get your fill all within walking distance. Pick a hotel downtown and you don't even have to use a car to hit the bars.

Old 02-08-2015, 12:40 AM

9,437 posts, read 10,719,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
For a weekend, a hotel is probably best. Downtown around Market Square and Gay Street, along with The Old City, you should be able to get your fill all within walking distance. Pick a hotel downtown and you don't even have to use a car to hit the bars.

Everything this post said, its all in that area.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:39 AM

12 posts, read 14,940 times
"..Pick a hotel downtown and you don't even have to use a car to hit the bars.."

I just searched that area, but all of the hotels in that area are non-smoking. And no balcony. I know, don't smoke. But I did find plenty of Taxi services

FYI, I just called Four Points, and if you get the Balcony you can smoke on it. So that is where I will stay.
( I only say that because in some cities / hotels, even though it has a balcony if it is deemed a non-smoking hotel, you can't )

Last edited by Sheba's Dad; 02-08-2015 at 10:21 AM.. Reason: added the Taxi line

Old 02-08-2015, 12:10 PM

469 posts, read 1,170,963 times
I think Peyton Manning is part owner. It has a nice view overlooking worlds fair park and downtown

Old 02-08-2015, 12:18 PM

12 posts, read 14,940 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvinbama View Post
I think Peyton Manning is part owner. It has a nice view overlooking worlds fair park and downtown
He owns Knoxville? I mean your post is a bit ambiguous and can be taken many different ways. Or is just the Scorpio in me, being too analytical? He owns part of the hotel I mentioned?

I don't mean to sound snide, but sometimes even I know what I mean and post something, but it is vague to the mass.

Old 02-08-2015, 09:45 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,201,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba's Dad View Post
He owns Knoxville? I mean your post is a bit ambiguous and can be taken many different ways. Or is just the Scorpio in me, being too analytical? He owns part of the hotel I mentioned?

I don't mean to sound snide, but sometimes even I know what I mean and post something, but it is vague to the mass.
Not to be snide myself, but I don't think there are too many people that would take that comment about the hotel and think that Payton Manning owns part of Knoxville. You made a post about a specific hotel in Knoxville, and Calvin made a comment about Payton Manning possibly being part owner. The post wasn't vague at all.

You do realize that no one "owns" a city, right?

Hope your hotel stay and evening out is fun. Hopefully the weather will be nice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: