Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2015, 11:05 AM

28 posts, read 56,284 times

Advertisements

I am interested in Sweetwater Tennessee for retirement.. Looking at Hunter Ridge Farms as a possibility online..Does anyone have info about this area.. lakes nearby,looking out over the smokies.. Thankyou Pat
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2015, 01:33 PM

11,103 posts, read 9,744,154 times
Sweetwater is about a 20 minute drive from us. We are near Loudon and Lenoir City in Tellico Village. Sweetwater is a quaint small town with a cute downtown area consisting of mainly of Antique shops, a couple restaurants and some other shops, and a mile or so down the road is the newer part of town which has fast foods, Walmart, gas stations, groceries, etc. There are some really pretty older homes in the old downtown area, and a mix in the outlying areas of farms and small developments. I am not aware of Hunter Ridge, I will have to look it up. It is a very quiet area and almost an hour from Knoxville, but it is close to highway I-75, for easy access. It is very pretty in a rural, farm-y sort of way. It's not far from the mountains, but won't have "great" views of them unless you are on a hilltop. It's near to the Tennessee River in Loudon (maybe 20 minutes) and about a half hour from Tellico Lake, depending on which side of town you would be in.

Old 08-31-2015, 02:01 PM

Okay, I just looked up Hunter Ridge Farms. It looks like an interesting area from the pictures. I think I'll go check it out in the next few days. Looks to be about a half hour from here. I can't find a website, so I don't know if there are any amenities or just homesites. I'll let you know what I find out after I visit. Can you let me know what sort of place you are interested in and maybe I can tell you if this looks like what you want or what kinds of things you are looking for other than views? I'm not a realtor, just a resident who has found my happy place.

Old 03-19-2018, 10:41 AM

1 posts, read 2,356 times
Default Sweetwater area

Wanting info on Sweetwater area...We are retired, not very social but do like to get out occasionally. What about crime ?

Old 03-21-2018, 07:57 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
If you scroll up and look at the top left-hand side, you'll see "City-Data.com." Click on that for a plethora of information about any town or city that interests you.

Sweetwater is a small town - less than 6,000 people - so crime stats can quickly skew up or down thanks to one or two people on a crime spree - or not. Still, the crime rate is more than the national average. However, it is possible that most of the crimes there occur between people that know each other.

http://www.city-data.com/city/Sweetwater-Tennessee.html

Old 05-25-2021, 05:14 PM

265 posts, read 509,252 times
Default Sweetwater TN

Anyone know anything about this area?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:02 PM

I live about a half an hour away. What would you like to know?

Old 05-26-2021, 12:28 PM

4,384 posts, read 4,379,498 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamamac50 View Post
Wanting info on Sweetwater area...We are retired, not very social but do like to get out occasionally. What about crime ?
About the same as Mayberry.

Old 05-26-2021, 03:54 PM

265 posts, read 509,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShadow View Post
I live about a half an hour away. What would you like to know?
How safe and is it built up. Looked on google maps and it looks built up with homes and businesses?
Taxes and any rural homes with land?

Old 05-27-2021, 01:40 PM

It's a very small town in a large spread out area of homes on acreage and small farms. Only the historical downtown area and the retail/fast food strip are anything I would call "built-up". At less than 6,000 people, I don't call that built-up. Like someone else said "Mayberry". Historic downtown is very cute and is mostly antique stores in vintage storefronts, and a few boutiques, one good Italian restaurant, and a good small mom and pop restaurant. There is one strip of road (SR 68) with small restaurants and retail, and there's a smallish KMart and a big, new Rural King (farm and ranch type store) on the south end of town, those are the largest retailers. It actually has more fast food and motels than a town of this size would normally rate, because the 68 turn-off to Sweetwater is right off I-75, so those business can draw from the traffic on the interstate. It's actually a pretty, but very rural, area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville