Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 11:52 AM

15 posts, read 34,613 times

Advertisements

I worked at Food City for nearly 10 years...I understand the bad moods! Beleive me...I do!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-06-2008, 06:03 PM

119 posts, read 383,407 times
I just moved from the North last April. We love it down here so far and haven't wanted to look back yet. I'm proud to be a southern yankee now. haha

Old 02-06-2008, 06:12 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,375,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Godsdove View Post
southern yankee
OXYMORON ALERT!!!

(we still like ya Godsdove)

Quote:
Originally Posted by zreh10 View Post
I worked at Food City for nearly 10 years...I understand the bad moods! Beleive me...I do!
I have heard that before and it saddens me. I like my meat guys at my Food City; they are so sweet to me.

Last edited by mbmouse; 02-06-2008 at 06:38 PM..

Old 02-09-2008, 01:50 PM

396 posts, read 1,305,083 times
Default Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbmouse View Post
(ssshhhhhh...don't tell anyone, I am a halfbacker from CT and FL hehehehehhe)
I'm going to be a halfbacker April 1st. If the OP is so unhappy in Knoxville, I'll rent him my house in Tampa for a little while. That'll change his mind.

Jo Anne

Old 02-13-2008, 11:23 AM

381 posts, read 1,681,668 times
To the OP:

Whoa. Totally not the impression I got when I spent a total of 27 days there in 2006 and 2007. I was born and raised here in Florida, and all those things are wayyy more of an issue down here than in Tennessee.

Sorry you had a bad experience. Obviously not what others have had, though.

Old 02-13-2008, 11:28 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,391,288 times
SunKrist--

We are SO over that guy! LOL

(I just realized how far we are off topic on this thread!)

Old 02-14-2008, 05:20 PM

381 posts, read 1,681,668 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbkaren View Post
SunKrist--

We are SO over that guy! LOL

(I just realized how far we are off topic on this thread!)
Yeah, I kind of noticed that .

I still wanted to put in my 2 cents worth, though .

Old 02-17-2008, 08:24 PM

4,705 posts, read 25,217,792 times
Dear AK,
I am so sorry you feel that way. Like others have said, you probably wouldn't be happy anywhere. (probably need to look inside for the cure to that problem).

We moved here 13 years ago after checking out several other areas. I can't begin to count the number of times I have seen a "random act of kindness".

Yep, there are those people that drive 45 and it doesn't matter if they are in a parking lot or the interstate.
You bet there are those horrible people that left their car in the middle of the street when they jumped out to help push my wife's stalled car off the road into a parking lot.
I too, got frustrated waiting in line at the grocery store while the checker took time to chat with the customer in front of me. But then, she took the time to ask me how my day was going, and comment on how beautiful it was outside.
Having lived in an area where bigots seemed to be everywhere, I have to say that Knoxville is about the most tolerant city I have ever lived in. You must be hanging out in the wrong places.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are not happy, and if I can help you pack, just let me know, and I will be glad to come over and help you pack. I may even pitch in some gas money too.

Hope you next destination meets all of your expectations.
TH

Old 02-18-2008, 05:20 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,104,290 times
Hey Barking Spider, nice to see you've taken those random acts of kindness and passed it on.

Old 02-18-2008, 08:36 AM

37,755 posts, read 40,844,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barking Spider View Post
Dear AK,
I am so sorry you feel that way. Like others have said, you probably wouldn't be happy anywhere. (probably need to look inside for the cure to that problem).

We moved here 13 years ago after checking out several other areas. I can't begin to count the number of times I have seen a "random act of kindness".

Yep, there are those people that drive 45 and it doesn't matter if they are in a parking lot or the interstate.
You bet there are those horrible people that left their car in the middle of the street when they jumped out to help push my wife's stalled car off the road into a parking lot.
I too, got frustrated waiting in line at the grocery store while the checker took time to chat with the customer in front of me. But then, she took the time to ask me how my day was going, and comment on how beautiful it was outside.
Having lived in an area where bigots seemed to be everywhere, I have to say that Knoxville is about the most tolerant city I have ever lived in. You must be hanging out in the wrong places.

Anyway, I'm sorry that you are not happy, and if I can help you pack, just let me know, and I will be glad to come over and help you pack. I may even pitch in some gas money too.

Hope you next destination meets all of your expectations.
TH
Wait, I must know this. I'm perpetually on a nature quest since moving here. Are there actually spiders that bark/make any sound?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville