Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-04-2016, 01:40 PM

42 posts, read 60,669 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
I am moving to Knoxville, and have 4 small dogs under 10 pounds. They are well behaved and up to date on shots and on flea and heartworm prevention. 2 are seniors that basically sleep all day. They are all rescues and have separation anxiety so rehoming is not an option. I love my babies. Didn't plan to have 4, but lousy neighbors abandoned 2 of them, and they had so many problems by the time they were vetted, and everything else, I had fallen in love.

I cannot find a place to rent that will allow 4 small dogs. I am a wreck because closing on my house is August 1st. Does anyone know anyplace in a safe neighborhood that would allow 4 small dogs. I can go as high as 800.00 and need a 2 bedroom. It doesn't matter if its a house, condo, or apt. No mobile homes unless there is a storm shelter. I have been in 2 tornadoes and cannot live in fear. LOL

Thankyou in advance for any suggestions/referrals.

Lenoir City/Loudon?/Sweetwater or Athens would be fine also. Thanks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2016, 02:14 PM

81 posts, read 105,889 times
I'll be honest, you're going to have a hard time finding an apartment that will allow 4 dogs, even if they are small. Your best bet would probably be renting a house from the homeowner (you'll likely encounter the same problem trying to rent a house if its managed by a property management firm - however if you come across one by all means call, they may be willing to call the owner and see if they're ok with it). Unfortunately home rentals are slim pickings nowadays at that price range - I know because that's been my price range as well, and has been the main motivator for buying a house. Your luck may improve about this time of year since college students are gone for the summer, so some of those rentals may come available. Check craigslist, zillow, hotpads, newpaper etc., and be ready to jump as soon as a listing comes up. Beware of scams, I've seen them on all of the above sites - be sure to check they are the owner, ask for ID and check if it matches what's listed on county records - you can look this up online. Also you may have to reconsider location - your more affordable locations are going to be N/S/E parts of Knoxville. Sorry I don't have suggestions for specific places, I've been using a combination of the above to find my rentals for the last several years, but if I come across something I'll be happy to message you.

Old 06-04-2016, 06:41 PM

Thankyou so much. I never imagined it would be this difficult. I appreciate your suggestions. At this point, I am rethinking my house sale. Its not too late to stop the sale. Best wishes to youand if you hear of anything please let me know. Xcuse typos. Just had shoulder surgery. Thanks!!!

Old 06-05-2016, 12:10 PM

363 posts, read 482,199 times
If you're selling your house, maybe you can take the proceeds, and purchase a small house? Definitely cheaper than renting.

Old 06-06-2016, 01:32 PM

Hi Kitty,
I wish I could. The proceeds go to pay off debts incurred remodeling it for sale. AHHHH....well, I still have 2 months. I have a few leads. Thanks so much everyone!!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville