U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 02-20-2008, 06:56 PM

69 posts, read 148,108 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!!!!!! Things are going quite well for us here in Farragut. We really like it. I don't get outside much on cold days but have really appreciated the warm weather we've had. The greenway system is exeptional on warm days!!!! Ok down to business..........some things I've learned.......

KUB does not include all utilities for everyone!!!!!! When you go online to have service started their website can be misleading. We thought we had power water and gas turned on. Turns out we only had gas turned on. Power is through Lenoir City & water is through someone else.

Don't pay the painters until you are completely satisfied. They will never come back. I used Johnson & Brothers painting. I thought they did a fairly good job. There were several severe mistakes which they fixed before I paid them. Then I paid them. I only have some small issues, a couple of wall that aren't covered well with paint, some paint on the carpet & some paint on the trim. The man told me he would come by but he never did. I've called several times with no return call or visit.

We purchased furniture from Knoxville Wholesale Furniture in December & were suppose to receive delivery the second week in Jan........still not here. We want to return what furniture we do have & they are giving us a really hard time & in our opinion not being very customer friendly.

We ordered Comcast cable in December and after numerous phone calls just got our DVR yesterday.

Call me jaded but it seems some businesses aren't very consumer friendly.

Other than those problems everything else is great. I've started the design class @ UT that I learned about on this forum. It's very fun & I like the socializing. I can't wait for the field trips!!!!!!!

I'm about to join a mom's group that I learned about from someone I met here on the forum!!!!!!

Oh one other thing.....a landscape company came & cut my grass before Christmas. His card doesn't have his address on it so I couldn't mail a check.....I didn't get a statement. I've called and they aren't calling back!!! Oh well.........I really want to pay him.........

Gotta go............AMERICAN IDOL IS ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2008, 07:48 PM

4,733 posts, read 6,569,068 times
Smile Congratulations, Monicaabc. Home at last!

Monicaabc, if you are staying, are you going to change your location?

We don't want to send your "Home, Sweet Home" cards to Florida!!

Welcome to your new home. Don't close the door; I'm right behind you (I hope!)

And, thank you for filling us in on so many services that need to be taken care of. Hope you have everything straightened out with the furniture company soon. That can be such a hassle.

Old 02-21-2008, 10:41 AM

3,454 posts, read 4,760,530 times
Glad to hear things are going well aside from the logistical issues (which can happen anywhere! The stories I could tell you about contractors!)

Good luck and keep us posted!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville