Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-29-2008, 08:25 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,285,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
Harby's isn't quite on Broadway, but close. It's on Walker Blvd about a half block east of Broadway. And it is goooooood.
Thanks! We'll find it!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-01-2008, 10:43 AM

213 posts, read 551,075 times
Quote:
Harby's isn't quite on Broadway, but close. It's on Walker Blvd about a half block east of Broadway. And it is goooooood.
Behind Fisher Tires, and your rght JMT, it is REALLY, REALLY GOOOOOOD!!

Old 03-03-2008, 10:22 AM

133 posts, read 376,589 times
I was in Gatlinburg over the weekend for a Gymnastics meet and the J Carinos was still open...

Old 03-03-2008, 11:00 AM

Not that one. Turkey Creek.

Old 03-04-2008, 10:31 AM

1,155 posts, read 3,389,314 times
Once Johnny Carinos changed to Carinos, it went down hill, and yes it is gone, as I drive by daily. Shame for Italian Mkt, it had been great for so long, but started going down, a long time ago, so not too surprised. To sad for Knoxville for Knoxville, as not many left and back to Olive Garden, always precictable, and good.

Old 03-04-2008, 11:03 AM

I want to go over to Louie's. I hate chains.

I didn't know that Johnny Carino's had changed hands. I went to the Sevierville location almost three years ago, and it was great. I guess it went downhill after that.

Old 03-04-2008, 12:06 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Default One goes; another one shows up.

There will always be another good one popping up somewhere local that will be just as great.

It's really important to support these independent local eateries and other businesses to keep them in town. The chains present so much competition that too many wonderful local places fold and it has nothing to do with their quality at all, just competition.

In the meantime, DH is very happy with Olive Garden. And, some of those great pizza restaurants mentioned.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:31 PM

13,353 posts, read 39,963,688 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gemkeeper View Post
There will always be another good one popping up somewhere local that will be just as great.

It's really important to support these independent local eateries and other businesses to keep them in town. The chains present so much competition that too many wonderful local places fold and it has nothing to do with their quality at all, just competition.

In the meantime, DH is very happy with Olive Garden. And, some of those great pizza restaurants mentioned.
As usual, I am in total agreement with you. (I like your new name, by the way.) I definitely prefer supporting the locally-owned places instead of corporate chains where the profits are shipped off to Texas or Florida instead of staying right here in our community.

Hik, I hope you like Louie's. It's another one of those Fountain City institutions that people in Fountain City will always support over a chain restaurant (the others being the Creamery and, of course, Litton's!).

I didn't shed any tears when Carino's closed. I'm sure the wait staff won't have any problems finding jobs at any of the hundreds of other trendy chain restaurants in West Knox.

Old 03-04-2008, 03:38 PM

Quote:
As usual, I am in total agreement with you. (I like your new name, by the way.) I definitely prefer supporting the locally-owned places instead of corporate chains where the profits are shipped off to Texas or Florida instead of staying right here in our community.

Hik, I hope you like Louie's. It's another one of those Fountain City institutions that people in Fountain City will always support over a chain restaurant (the others being the Creamery and, of course, Litton's!).

I didn't shed any tears when Carino's closed. I'm sure the wait staff won't have any problems finding jobs at any of the hundreds of other trendy chain restaurants in West Knox.
I went to The Creamery on my birthday. I don't know if I mentioned that. Loved the chopped salad! Fantastic atmosphere.

I have to get back down to Litton's to try the scallops. They are shipped in from a fantastic seafood purveyor in Boston.

I wouldn't worry about the staff, either. The girl I talked to was being transferred to Little Rock by Carino's. No worries.

Fred's on his way home with subs from Harby's!

Old 03-04-2008, 03:44 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,135,408 times
Enjoy the subs, Hik. I know that this will be one spot that DH will visit frequently!

Scallops were always my A #1 preferred seafood! It is hard to find fresh large scallops where we are and rarely in a restaurant. Hooray for Litton's!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville