Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 11:54 AM

380 posts, read 1,173,573 times

Advertisements

NJ Devil, if you're looking for good Greek food and local flavor, there's a Greek and Egyptian restaurant in South Knoxville. We ate there a couple of years ago when we were in town. I cannot remember the name of it, can someone help me out? It is a crazy little place, with strange decor and a colorful owner. The food is excellent. It is a cash-only place, and not exactly cheap. But it is well worth it! My boyfriend and I split an Egyptian platter (which is a lot like Greek food - vegetarian - hummus, babagnoush, etc) and a huge Greek salad and with tip it was about $35. The cokes are served in big, heavy flower vases, and everything is so big it barely fits on the table.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 12:51 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,050,533 times
It's called King Tut's. I've read about it on the internet and it sounds like a real hoot!

Dispensing Happiness: Dine & Dish#7: King Tut's is Virgin Territory

Old 03-14-2008, 01:08 PM

By the way, I asked the eight-year-old what she wanted to eat for her birthday. So, dad is stopping at Harby's on the way home for pizza!

Old 03-14-2008, 03:36 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,223,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
By the way, I asked the eight-year-old what she wanted to eat for her birthday. So, dad is stopping at Harby's on the way home for pizza!
Hey hik.....did you find the Nintendo DS?

Old 03-14-2008, 03:42 PM

16,174 posts, read 32,341,090 times
Hik, speaking of food. I know you are a big foodie and a chef. You should consider becoming a personal chef. You would be great at it! There is a lot of growing demand for that service!

Old 03-14-2008, 04:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Hik, speaking of food. I know you are a big foodie and a chef. You should consider becoming a personal chef. You would be great at it! There is a lot of growing demand for that service!
Thanks! I should consider it. I wonder if there are personal chefs in the area? I wonder if business is good?

bebette, I did! whataride had a tip on a pink one in Turkey Creek, but it was such a long ride in rainy weather so I went to East Town Mall. I got a white one at Game Stop.

I had checked Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart and K-Mart. Game Stop was fantastic. They actually had stock and I was personally waited on, and the price was the same as anywhere else.

I also bought a Hannah Montana and Fashion Designer game.

I bought some pretty bags and tissue paper, plus card, at the Hallmark store. She also got 3 pairs of 8-slim jeans (she's tall and skinny), a cat T-shirt, and a helmet, knee and elbow pads.

She requested the safety stuff. She says it's against the law to ride a bike without them. She is a nut for road safety, just like her mom!

Thank you for asking!

Fred should be home soon with the pizza. Lauren and I just got done watching last night's episode of "Lost." She loves that show!

Old 03-14-2008, 04:24 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,223,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Thanks! I should consider it. I wonder if there are personal chefs in the area? I wonder if business is good?

bebette, I did! whataride had a tip on a pink one in Turkey Creek, but it was such a long ride in rainy weather so I went to East Town Mall. I got a white one at Game Stop.

I had checked Best Buy, Circuit City, Target, Walmart and K-Mart. Game Stop was fantastic. They actually had stock and I was personally waited on, and the price was the same as anywhere else.

I also bought a Hannah Montana and Fashion Designer game.

I bought some pretty bags and tissue paper, plus card, at the Hallmark store. She also got 3 pairs of 8-slim jeans (she's tall and skinny), a cat T-shirt, and a helmet, knee and elbow pads.

She requested the safety stuff. She says it's against the law to ride a bike without them. She is a nut for road safety, just like her mom!

Thank you for asking!

Fred should be home soon with the pizza. Lauren and I just got done watching last night's episode of "Lost." She loves that show!
WOW...sounds like she's gonna having a GREAT birthday!! I really miss those days!! On my kids b'day, that got to pick any disgustingly sweet cereal that they wanted for breakfast......then they could pick the restaurant where we would have dinner and they each had a certain type of cake that they wanted and to this day, they still want their wives/boyfriends (wives for the boys - boyfriend for my daughter...LOL) to fix them that cake! Many times I would have balloons delivered to the restaurant and they would be waiting at the table for us!! Now, that they are adults and live far away, they just want me to send the money and they go shopping and let me know what I gave them!! And I ALWAYS decorated the whole house with banners before they woke up on their b'day.

Please enjoy every minute of the day, because you won't believe it now, but the time goes by soooooooooooooooo fast!!!

I'm really impressed that she wanted the safety equipment!

Here's a special birthday wish for Lauren!!!

Old 03-14-2008, 06:42 PM

Thanks bebette! She loved your birthday wish!

Here she is playing Nintendo DS.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old 03-14-2008, 07:31 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,098,456 times
Default Have a sweet day with Lauren, hiknapster.

She likes it! She really likes it! Give our Princess Lauren extra hugs from her mom's forum friends! She sure is a cutie.

My requested cake was always coconut cake with tons of coconut frosting. My mother was always very obliging on our b-days, plus she loved to bake!

My brother's favorite was German Chocolate cake with that yummy carmelized coconut frosting. You think we fell from a coconut tree, maybe?

Even Lauren is hooked on "Lost"! So many people love that show. I am too busy on the puter to watch much of anything!

Enjoy that pizza for dinner. I hope there is some left for lunch tomorrow. Yummy!

Hope you had a wonderful day with her and Fred, Hik. Bebette is right; you turn around twice and they are grown and gone. I'm locking our youngest in his room after he graduates from college!

Old 03-14-2008, 07:43 PM

3,631 posts, read 10,198,842 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by knoxmomma View Post
Would also have to put in a vote for Stefano's and the Windy City Pizza on whole wheat crust. Incredible.
oh man, i miss Stefano's. especially whatever that four cheese pizza was that they have.
(I also miss Hibachi Factory, but that has nothing to do with pizza. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville