Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2008, 08:38 AM

127 posts, read 433,252 times

Advertisements

Me and my family got back from visiting the area last night and have changed our mind on where we wanna live, originally I thought Maryville but changed our minds and now kind of like Lenoir City, I'm wondering how the schools are there, I've looked for info. on them and not finding much. Our trip was a little disapointing, my youngest son, who's 6 got a bug the first day we got there and got very sick for 2 days then I caught it the next day so we didn't get to check out alot of areas and had to cut the trip short so I have to just try to go on what I saw as best I can. Any info. would be great!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-10-2008, 08:47 AM

2,124 posts, read 6,818,984 times
You should change the thread name to something about "Lenoir City schools" so you will get more hits by the right people, so everyone knows what you're looking for. Just a suggestion.....

Old 03-10-2008, 09:35 AM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
If you search for "Loudon County" you'll find a lot about their schools. There's problems now, especially with regard to facility conditions, but there's been quite an uproar about it and they're about to make a lot of improvements, I hear.

Good luck! Hope we'll be (sort of) neighbors soon!

p.s. isn't it funny how you get a certain impression of an area from reading about it, but you don't know until you step foot in the town! We had the same experience!

Old 03-10-2008, 12:22 PM

39 posts, read 111,783 times
Don't know too much about it... VERY small community, so that could be a benefit if you enjoy the small town feel... but it's still close enough to Knoxville that if you need anything you can just drive there, about 15 - 20 minute drive to Farragut / West Knox so it's not bad...

Here is some info on Lenoir City Elementary for 2005 and 2006:
(Test Scores) Lenoir City Elementary School Test Scores - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(Student Stats) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City Elementary School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN

Lenoir City Middle School for 2005 and 2006:
(Test Scores) Lenoir City Middle School Test Scores - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN

Lenoir City High School for 2005 and 2006:
(Test Scores) Lenoir City High School Test Scores - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(AP Exams) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City High School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(Teacher Stats) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City High School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(Student Stats) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City High School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN

Old 03-10-2008, 10:42 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Wink Good idear, NJDevil!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJDevil View Post
You should change the thread name to something about "Lenoir City schools" so you will get more hits by the right people, so everyone knows what you're looking for. Just a suggestion.....
Excellent idea, NJDevil. The thread subject should tell a story that everyone can follow.

Try a more specific thread subject, tn_dreamin and I bet you will get a lot of right-on suggestions.

Old 03-12-2008, 12:39 PM
Eat

303 posts, read 1,141,628 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by myndsplyntur View Post
Don't know too much about it... VERY small community, so that could be a benefit if you enjoy the small town feel... but it's still close enough to Knoxville that if you need anything you can just drive there, about 15 - 20 minute drive to Farragut / West Knox so it's not bad...

Here is some info on Lenoir City Elementary for 2005 and 2006:
(Test Scores) Lenoir City Elementary School Test Scores - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(Student Stats) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City Elementary School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN

Lenoir City Middle School for 2005 and 2006:
(Test Scores) Lenoir City Middle School Test Scores - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN

Lenoir City High School for 2005 and 2006:
(Test Scores) Lenoir City High School Test Scores - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(AP Exams) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City High School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(Teacher Stats) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City High School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
(Student Stats) Student Teacher Ratio Lenoir City High School - Lenoir City, Tennessee - TN
We don't consider Lenoir City a VERY small community, as you put it.

It's the largest community in Loudon County and growing. It has much more shopping than anywhere else in the county, and there is a lot more shopping on the way (building now). We don't live in Lenoir City, BTW.

Old 03-12-2008, 01:59 PM

Thanks for the input. I don't know how to edit my topic to change the title.

Old 03-12-2008, 04:31 PM

167 posts, read 590,553 times
May I ask what made you change your mind about Maryville?

Old 03-12-2008, 07:19 PM

Sure, it just is bigger and busier than I'd thought it would be, plus it doesn't have much of a downtown, not very quaint to me but it does have everything you need there that's for sure. My dh just really didn't care for it so we changed our minds although it's definitely not totally out of the picture yet it just depends on where my dh gets a job.

Old 03-12-2008, 07:32 PM

3,454 posts, read 7,407,634 times
We felt similarly--it seems to be "the place to be" and has a lot of features that are just too reminiscent of a trendy area for us, coming from New Jersey. I guess Maryville is more progressive than we're interested in, kwim?

It also seemed a little more city-ish than we wanted. We're looking for a hometown, and Maryville isn't what I envision when I think of hometown.

Maryville seems like a wonderful community, they offer great schools and tons of benefits to their citizens. I just wasn't crazy about the urban-ness of the downtown.

My hometown leans more towards Mayberry lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville