U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2019, 05:07 AM

14,574 posts, read 8,831,061 times

Advertisements

Hey again everyone. We are just finishing up another trip here in Maryville and I gotta say we like it even more the 2nd visit. Found a great place to ride my bike along the Little River, one of my things is riding and fishing along the Potomac River in Maryland and I was really going to miss that. We have identified the area where we want to live, out 411 or out 321 the area with the mountain views and affordable smaller ranchers/ramblers with no city tax. Problem is there just aren't that many for sale so that may be problematic. It also looks problematic to find a place to rent for a year while we look with a 100 pound German Shepherd so that will be an issue.

But the area is great and we like our decision.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2019, 06:11 AM

175 posts, read 241,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
Hey again everyone. We are just finishing up another trip here in Maryville and I gotta say we like it even more the 2nd visit. Found a great place to ride my bike along the Little River, one of my things is riding and fishing along the Potomac River in Maryland and I was really going to miss that. We have identified the area where we want to live, out 411 or out 321 the area with the mountain views and affordable smaller ranchers/ramblers with no city tax. Problem is there just aren't that many for sale so that may be problematic. It also looks problematic to find a place to rent for a year while we look with a 100 pound German Shepherd so that will be an issue.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit again Dave. As with other parts of the country, the Knoxville metro area has been a strong seller's market for the past few years due to low inventory and high demand. A well maintained/remodeled one-level brick rancher under 200k usually goes to pending/under contract within a day or two, and after a bidding war, the house may sell a lot higher than asking. So it is better to check out a few different areas where you want to buy instead of just one.

Old 03-08-2019, 04:46 AM

Yeah it's always risking to be all in on such a small area with limited houses. But it's really the area of town we prefer, the other direction has endless power lines or big traffic off of 129.

Old 03-08-2019, 02:42 PM

257 posts, read 453,873 times
Quote:

We looked out that way for a one story home, approximately 2,000 square feet, and was never able to find anything suitable in Walland. We were out of town buyers so many times homes we like sold in a few days. We ended up on the Greenback side of town with everything we wanted in a house and life is good! If you rent here you may have better luck finding a home because you can respond quickly to new listings. Best of luck with your move!

Old 03-09-2019, 05:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnemj View Post
We looked out that way for a one story home, approximately 2,000 square feet, and was never able to find anything suitable in Walland. We were out of town buyers so many times homes we like sold in a few days. We ended up on the Greenback side of town with everything we wanted in a house and life is good! If you rent here you may have better luck finding a home because you can respond quickly to new listings. Best of luck with your move!
I'm not familiar enough with the area to know where Greenback or Walland are, can you help me with that? I only know the area by route/road numbers.

Old 03-09-2019, 03:21 PM

257 posts, read 453,873 times
Quote:
I'm not familiar enough with the area to know where Greenback or Walland are, can you help me with that? I only know the area by route/road numbers.
Sure. Walland is east of Maryville between RT 411 on the north and RT 321 (Lemar Alexander) on the south. If you look up Heritage High School in Blount County you will be nearby. Greenback is southwest of Maryville out RT 411. It is past where Rt 29 Turns south towards NC and Tail of the Dragon.

Check it out on Goggle maps.

Old 03-10-2019, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by linnemj View Post
Sure. Walland is east of Maryville between RT 411 on the north and RT 321 (Lemar Alexander) on the south. If you look up Heritage High School in Blount County you will be nearby. Greenback is southwest of Maryville out RT 411. It is past where Rt 29 Turns south towards NC and Tail of the Dragon.

Check it out on Goggle maps.
Yep that is the exact area we are looking for however I'm not looking for another 2,000 SF house, smaller would be preferred. We did see a few in that size that had sold, perhaps that was the issue with you?

I also looked down 411/129 south of town and found that road terribly busy. I couldn't imagine owning on the west side of the road and being forced to cross over to make a left turn to go towards Maryville and Knoxville. I eliminated that entire area for that reason alone. Not sure I made it down as far as the split, I did like the area east of the busy road but didn't find many homes in our price range or size.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville