U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-22-2020, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 3,918 times

Advertisements

We are a young family of 3 considering a move to Maryville from Florida possibly next year. We've been reading about different areas for over a year now and finally narrowed it down to Maryville and made the time to take a trip to check it out next week. What are some things we don't want to miss in Maryville? Restaurants, parks, general areas of town? Nice neighborhoods?

Once we move we would be looking for a home with plenty of trees and at least a quarter acre lot around 250k, what are some nice neighborhoods where we might find that?

Any suggestions are appreciated!!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2020, 08:59 PM

257 posts, read 453,672 times
Best advice is to do a search for Maryville. There is a lot of information previously posted that will answer most of your questions.

Old 05-24-2020, 06:14 AM

2,077 posts, read 6,460,536 times
Yes, check previous posts on Maryville (do a search). Bicentennial Greenbelt park is the major park, it's very large and is part of the greenway that runs thru town. My other favorite park is Springbrook in Alcoa (5 min north).
Like Knoxville, Maryville has a lot of chain restaurants. My husband's favorite Mexican place is there - Los Amigos. The other gem is Hot Rod's. Check TripAdvisor for other favorites.
There is one movie theater and one library, unlike Knoxville which has many of both. There are 2 Krogers and the newest one is slammed. We have a friend who works there...I get the impression there aren't enough grocery stores for the town. There's 2 Food Citys also, but I guess everyone wants the new, massive store.
I think Maryville is laid out weird. There's different parts of "downtown" that don't seem connected properly. The only safe part to walk in is Broadway (by Sullivan's). (By safe, I mean nice sidewalks, well lit, a slower speed limit. I have never noticed homeless people - I don't know where they are in Blount county.)
I have a friend who was born and raised in Blount County and had to live there again as an adult and she hates the county. Has to do with their laws or lack of laws. So, just look into what's important to you. She prefers Knox or Sevier county.

Old 05-24-2020, 07:59 AM

1,949 posts, read 1,178,585 times
Maryville is really just a bedroom community south of Knoxville, and there's a parkway that takes you to fashionable West Knoxville.

The city is also the back door to Townsend and the Great Smokey Mountain National Park. The road going up to Fontana Dam is the famous "Tail of the Dragon"--one of the crookedest roads anywhere.

You have Vonore, TN a short distance south of Maryville with the Little Tennessee River having very luxurious waterfront homes in sight of the Smokies. And Loudon is also close by with incredible homes on the Tennessee River.

Maryville and the surrounding towns are very beautiful places, and they would be considered nice places to live.

Old 05-27-2020, 03:36 PM

14,570 posts, read 8,826,465 times
Not sure if we are looking for the same thing but FYI:

https://www.city-data.com/forum/knox...pressions.html

Old 05-30-2020, 07:04 AM

394 posts, read 744,818 times
Here's what's in Maryville under $250K:

http://distil.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/ma...zs6d64si90i,16
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville