Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-13-2008, 06:04 PM

7,538 posts, read 17,221,758 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to add my congratulations, hik. It's a beautiful house and, though I don't know the area allllll that well, it looks like it's in a great location. I hope you get in there PRONTO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-13-2008, 08:37 PM

780 posts, read 1,765,117 times
Default Congratulations

Sorry I've missed out on all the latest but I have been sick as a dog, really bad bad cold, cant breathe, cant sleep, feel like death warmed over, but I did want to congratulate you, house is beautiful and I know you will have many happy years there.

Hopefully I will be well soon and will be back on the boards soon, until then, carryon people, carryon

Old 06-13-2008, 08:43 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
gailli: Wow! I hope you feel better. Big hugs!

I'm coming on here to let you all know that I am okay. I managed to not even strangle my former mortgage broker or the landlord.

Big drama!

I will let you all know the gory details. Just know that the chances of us being in the house on June 27 are about 99.9 percent.

JMT, I really appreciate you taking the time to look at the house and give a second opinion. The location is wonderful isn't it?

We will definitely have a celebration!

Talk to you all later!

Old 06-13-2008, 10:29 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,211 times
Cool You Go Girlfriend!!!!

Congrats on finally buying a home !!! I am so HAPPY to see that you finally found a place and everything is finally going your way !

Enjoy your new digs !

Hugs,

~HDL~

Old 06-14-2008, 06:12 AM

Thanks HDL!

I will try to do brief synopsis.

Former mortgage broker is a stalker. She leaves odd messages. Reminds me of Fatal Attraction. "I will not be ignored!"

She tries to get check from me for appraisal. Turns out, she is in Alcoa! Not giving them credit card over phone. Bear in mind, I never gave this woman approval to order appraisal.

I hunt down appraiser. Great guy! He says he loves house! I pay him. He wants new broker to call him. Old broker won't release file number. Around and around we go. I am near tears. I still don't know if this is resolved.

In the midst of this, there is knock on door. SHERIFF! Eviction! Court date. Want lots of money!

I now have enormous meltdown. Call mom, who says, later, that in all of my 46 years she has never heard me so upset. Mom says to call a lawyer.

Turns out that one of the owners has died and other owners that were normally silent are bizarre. Track down landlord that lives in park. He is in hospital. Even though lawyer for owners say they do not have a check for me, landlord says this is not true. They have it. He says pay $48.50 late, won't have to go to court.

I pay the $48.50. I just don't care anymore. Please, please leave me alone. I just want to get out of here in one piece.

I plan to send, by certified mail, a letter to the lawyer that says we have worked this out and that I do NOT have to go to court. Court date is two days before closing. I cannot afford to take the day off.

I hope this is readable and I do not sound crazy. It truly was Friday the 13th.

Old 06-14-2008, 11:48 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,785,211 times
I subscribe to the "Whatever doesn't KILL you only makes you stronger" theory HIK and I think that you are made of some pretty strong stuff !!! Hopefully this will all be a memory soon !!

Hugs,

~HDL~

p.s.
Please send me a private plane for the New Home Extravaganza Celebration !!!

<will it HELP any if we get your REP to 1800 and get you a GOLD Badge thingy????!>

Old 06-14-2008, 12:11 PM

Bless you, HDL. Thank goodness I didn't scare EVERYONE off. I sound kind of nutty-cuckoo!

At one point yesterday, the house phone and the cellphone were both ringing. Over and over, again.

Sheesh.

I'm spending some time reading the Central High website. The choral music has reduced me to tears. They are unbelievably good. The consolation is that my child will someday attend that school.

Check them out.

Central High School Choral Music Department - Home

Old 06-14-2008, 12:12 PM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
OMG Hik, you are amazing to be hanging in there through all of this!!

I am so glad that the story has a happy ending and that you will be:
1. Away from the crazy landlord/owners
2. Away from the crazy stalker mortgage broker
3. Settled into your beautiful new home close to Littons

I hope you are keeping a journal, so that after all of this is over you can look back and laugh at all you went through!!

Hope you're having a great day today!!!

Looking forward to your 'housewarming' party after you get settled!!!

Old 06-14-2008, 12:25 PM

24,767 posts, read 28,507,453 times
Beautiful place....... I have to ask is that a " Veranda" or a " Lanai" where you sip you mint julep.......

Last edited by TN Tin Man; 06-14-2008 at 12:47 PM..

Old 06-14-2008, 02:22 PM

bebette! I'm so glad that you were able to glean what happened. My post was a bit convoluted.

I should turn the whole thing into a book!

I guess it is a patio. Mint juleps sound divine. I haven't had one in years.

By the way, the picture is of the side of the house and not the front. From some comments, I think a lot of people think that is the front.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville