Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2008, 07:02 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I love the red! What a darling cottage with personality! Accentuate it with other colors and enjoy.

Um, you don't like yellow? Mental note not to have you over for coffee in my butter yellow kitchen until I paint.
SMG, mine is a lovely yellow, also. We'll take Hik out for a bite!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2008, 07:14 PM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
Hik---what kind of timeframe did Comcast give you? Trying to figure out when I need to get it set up for us since I HAVE to have internet to work!!

Old 06-17-2008, 07:32 PM

270 posts, read 796,293 times
Did I hear something about a party??? ) LOL Congrats on the new house hik! It's really nice. I can't wait to own my own home.

Old 06-18-2008, 02:20 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
I looooove yellow on the inside, not on the outside of a ranch. It's 1,700 square feet. I know that's not massive, but it's big enough for us! No one likes slate grey?

I'm moving June 27, so I gave them almost two weeks. You don't need to give them that much time. But don't expect the same day or even the next. If you want, give me your number and I can set you up. I work at Comcast.

Old 06-18-2008, 03:36 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,777,312 times
The gray color actually does sound a bit more sophisticated but I like the house as is, too. Those boxes may come in handy yet Hik! I couldn't believe how many we needed but I guess no matter how good you think you are at clutter control 25 years of accumulations add up!

Yep painter I've been in close to a month... and am still figuring it all out. One thing for sure: I love being here!

Old 06-18-2008, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I looooove yellow on the inside, not on the outside of a ranch. It's 1,700 square feet. I know that's not massive, but it's big enough for us! No one likes slate grey?

I'm moving June 27, so I gave them almost two weeks. You don't need to give them that much time. But don't expect the same day or even the next. If you want, give me your number and I can set you up. I work at Comcast.
We have had two light slate gray stucco homes with off-white trim. I love the combination. It is very sophisticated, easy on the eyes, and I never tire of seeing it.

Live with the red for the first year, Hik, if you can. You might find that it is just right for you. Or, you may decide the gray or a taupe or a soft grayish moss green or . . .

Old 06-18-2008, 06:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gemkeeper View Post
We have had two light slate gray stucco homes with off-white trim. I love the combination. It is very sophisticated, easy on the eyes, and I never tire of seeing it.

Live with the red for the first year, Hik, if you can. You might find that it is just right for you. Or, you may decide the gray or a taupe or a soft grayish moss green or . . .
This is wonderful advice. Thanks for being so reassuring. Gosh, I hadn't thought of moss green. It would blend right in, wouldn't it.

I think I'm going for more sophisticated. Remember, I'm from the sedate, puritan, colonial state-of-mind. but I would like a door color that would pop. Kind of like we do in Mass.

But you just have to come see. Please. Really.

I need opinions.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:27 PM

2,197 posts, read 7,390,708 times
A lovely soft gray with a burgundy door would look beautiful. Very classy, nestled in amongst all that greenery. Navy blue also works well with gray-- a little more sedate, with not quite as much pop. Keep the trim a crisp white and you'll have the sharpest house on the block... especially if you put a few pots of colorful flowers on the porch... and maybe a nice brass doorknocker and a colorful coir mat... See, it never ends.

Old 06-18-2008, 06:29 PM

I can't wait to see your house, Hik. The pictures are so beautiful and 1700 sf sounds perfect. Big enough for everyone to have plenty of space, but not so big that it is uncontrollable! Perfect!

One thing that I always loved with the sedate, calm house colors of New England was the pride that the home-owners showed in their friend's entrance.

A lovely gray or pale taupe house with a beautiful burgundy door with a welcome wreath on it. Who wouldn't want to go in and sit awhile?

Old 06-18-2008, 06:48 PM

396 posts, read 1,310,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
I heard my name paged! It's hot out so the bar will also feature a watermelon or two that is, er, um an adult watermelon. (cut a plug in the top, pour the pure grain in the top, replug and chill for 12 hours).
Not that you've ever made any, right SMG?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville