U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 06-23-2008, 01:14 PM

6,196 posts, read 3,338,229 times

Advertisements

Just wanted to let you know it is official the sale on my big house is off. It went back on the market today sooooo here we go again. Of course this means buying the house there in F. City is a no go too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-23-2008, 01:45 PM

812 posts, read 1,315,518 times
the painter, I'm so sorry to hear that!!

Old 06-23-2008, 03:03 PM

6,196 posts, read 3,338,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
the painter, I'm so sorry to hear that!!
thanks.......I am in a funk about, guess I was holding out hope it would work out.

Old 06-23-2008, 03:09 PM

3,897 posts, read 834,045 times
Painter....sorry to hear that things didn't work out on the sell of your house!! I know it must be so frustrating!! Hang in there and feel free to vent with us - that's what we're here for......sharing the good times and the bad times!!

Hik.....how are you holding up this week??? Just a few more days!! Hopefully the 'housesitters' are busy inside clearing their stuff out and making everything perfect for you!!

Old 06-23-2008, 04:47 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,333,755 times
So sorry to hear the news Painter. Selling a house is hard enough and anxiety producing enough without that kind of setback. Hopefully a new buyer who will follow through will be right around the corner.

Hik maybe he has got so much to do he doesn't know where to start and may actually be relieved if you offer to 'take' a few things, like Painter said. Clearing out my house was hard enough but clearing someone else's out might be harder. Some people don't want to pitch perfectly usable things, others can't afford the cost of taking it all to the dump so there could be many reasons they are dragging their feet. It sure wouldn't hurt to ask for stuff. Glad a few less people were hanging around... maybe a good sign, too??

GBH I was going to say the same thing (minus the clever arrangement) as SMG.... but after your response, never mind! had enough hassles getting here and am finally at peace. Now my problems are my own doing! I am hoping yours will go away soon.

Old 06-23-2008, 04:48 PM

4,733 posts, read 6,613,187 times
Unhappy So worry, thepainter. Maybe it will sell quickly this time around.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Just wanted to let you know it is official the sale on my big house is off. It went back on the market today sooooo here we go again. Of course this means buying the house there in F. City is a no go too.
Painter, maybe your house will go in a flash this time and the one in FC will still be there and on the market (I'm pretty sure about the "being there" part).

I am sorry that it didn't work out for you. It is so disappointing to think that everything is going to fall into place and be great. Life sometimes seems to favor the other guy.
a
Let us try to help you with the funkies. Maybe we can cheer up a little bit.

Here, let's try a group hug!!!

Old 06-23-2008, 05:38 PM

2,699 posts, read 2,446,518 times
From a semi-Floridian to another Floridian, so very sorry to hear that your deal on the house is off. Here's hoping that for some reason a better deal is just around the corner waiting for you! I'm sure when we get ready to place our house on the market, we, too, will experience the same disappointments. It's Florida and the nightly news folks keep reminding us how 'down' the RE market is in this state. As if we needed them to place another nail in the coffin! Keep the spirit through all the ups and downs.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:47 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 5 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,031,864 times
Oh, there will be plenty more deals, the painter. I wouldn't worry.

The housesitters are still sitting on the patio. Junk car on the front lawn with the hood up. Maybe Fred should go over there and fix it!

I got my hair cut and colored today. It's brown. Lauren, in all her childlike candor, says I look ugly.

Ugh.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
Oh, there will be plenty more deals, the painter. I wouldn't worry.

The housesitters are still sitting on the patio. Junk car on the front lawn with the hood up. Maybe Fred should go over there and fix it!

I got my hair cut and colored today. It's brown. Lauren, in all her childlike candor, says I look ugly.

Ugh.
Hiknapster, when we rented an apartment years ago, we literally had to use coal shovels to get all of the trash out of the apartment that the previous renters had left!!

Where is the landlord? Probably having a beer with our old landlord.

That is funny thinking of Fred fixing the junk car so they can drive themselves away!!

Pictures. We need pictures of the hair!! An all new hiknapster. How will we all adjust? Not like Lauren, that's for sure. Kids don't ever want Mommy to change - until they are teens and then you can't change enough to suit them.

Old 06-23-2008, 06:46 PM

Painter and Suzanne1945, I hope that you both have a super successful deal around the corner for you. And, while we're at it, let's hope that the N. GA market picks up too!

I'm looking for an upwardly mobile family of 8 with Mom and Dad who are slightly off their rocker. That's our buyer!

Have heart. Someone on our forum gave me a cheer-up pep talk and, by golly, it worked. I am back on the clear out the closets, organize the kitchen, get some cute pillows for the family room kick.

Why do I love Target? Me and Michelle Obama, the FAMOUS Target shopper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville