Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2008, 11:35 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,786,973 times

Advertisements

A new HOME and your 1st GOLD STAR on CDF !!!!

Boy oh boy, this has been quite an eventful couple of days for you sister !!!! Always remember "Whatever doesn't KILL you, only makes you stronger" !! LOL ! It's WONDERFUL to hear how much you love your new home!

Hugs and blessings,

~HDL~
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 04:35 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,280,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDL View Post
A new HOME and your 1st GOLD STAR on CDF !!!!

Boy oh boy, this has been quite an eventful couple of days for you sister !!!! Always remember "Whatever doesn't KILL you, only makes you stronger" !! LOL ! It's WONDERFUL to hear how much you love your new home!

Hugs and blessings,

~HDL~
Who the heck needs a house when you can get a gold star?

Thanks, everyone!

Neighbors came over last night. Lots and lots of neighbors that are thankful that we are there and the other people are not. Got to see the real Southern hospitality. It was all that I dreamed it would be.

Beautiful children next door. Lauren played with them for the first time, last night. She smiles all the time, now.

Hopefully, the cable and internet will be on today.

Mail was still intact in mailbox. Nothing touched in the yard or house. Neighbors will be looking out now that they know the situation.

Hugs to all of you!

H.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:32 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Glad all is well. I can feel the neighbors relief all the way in Maryville! I suspect that now that the squatters have found another place they will be too lazy to come and bother you. Surely the cable company will not want to keep you waiting!

All the best.

Old 07-01-2008, 05:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmokyMtnGal View Post
Glad all is well. I can feel the neighbors relief all the way in Maryville! I suspect that now that the squatters have found another place they will be too lazy to come and bother you. Surely the cable company will not want to keep you waiting!

All the best.
I should have had cable, but the squatters turned the technician away on Friday. Wasn't that nice of them?

Old 07-01-2008, 06:03 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,494,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
I should have had cable, but the squatters turned the technician away on Friday. Wasn't that nice of them?
Yea, I remember your post; just messin' with ya. Actually I am surprised that they were turned away; I figure that the squatters would want to charge some pay per view on your account.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:28 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,444,124 times
Ditto to all of the above. What a relief for you and yours to be in your very own place!!! Congrats again and I would give you a star just for this accomplishment. Let the real fun begin.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:51 AM

780 posts, read 1,765,763 times
Default Happy for you

Sounds like things are falling in place for you, that is great news, I am so happy for you.

I will be off the computer for a few days, best friend is flying in from Michigan on Thurs and we plan on being very busy so everyone have a great 4th of July.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:15 AM

4,725 posts, read 10,134,645 times
Hik, I am so happy that Lauren has friends now to play with her. What a grand feeling that is for a parent to look out the kitchen window and see you sweet little one out there having fun!!

I imagine that you will be a very busy family over the next week or so. "No, Fred, I think the chair looks better on this side. No. . . wait a minute." "Honey, do we really want the TV on top of the fish tank?"

Oh, what fun settling in can be!! I am glad that the neighbors are so friendly. There are probably so relieved that the sitters from the pitters are gone!

It's tough living without cable and the internet, huh? I thought I would really mind it last year in PA with no phone, no TV and no computer for a month. But, you know, I read some of the most wonderful books and actually had conversations with family and friiends. Now, that is a treat.

Enjoy the new house, dear friend. Life is good.

Old 07-01-2008, 10:16 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,899 times
hik....I agree with painter...You deserve another star for everything you've been dealing with and doing it with such poise!!!!!
CONGRATS ON THE SHINY THING OVER THERE....YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN A STAR TO US!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/Congratulations-2.jpg (broken link)A BRIGHT SHINY STAR FOR A WONDERFUL PERSON!!!!!!!!!!http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/star.gif (broken link)

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/thcongratulations.jpg (broken link)YOU DESERVE IT SWEETIE!!!!!!http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/dancingveggies.gif (broken link)ENJOY YOUR NEW HOME AND YOUR BRIGHT AND SHINY FUTURE!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by fallfanatic; 07-01-2008 at 10:36 AM.. Reason: I'm not sure which thread to post on.....

Old 07-01-2008, 11:17 AM

I've loved having the tv and internet off! First of all, we're still tripping over boxes! I've been going to sleep at 10 or 11, which is not good when you wake up at 4 a.m! There is so much to do, and it is great to just talk to each other.

But here's the thing...

I MISS ALL OF YOU!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville