Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-02-2008, 07:54 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times

Advertisements

Hik, You have time to get rid of the boxes, dont kill yourself trying to do it all at once. You do need your rest, you have had a very tiring month or so. You won't enjoy anything if you end up in bed from exhaustion! Oh and watch out for the boxes when scurring around, I kicked one awhile back and broke my toe, not fun, and it slowed me down abunch lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-02-2008, 08:02 AM

22,584 posts, read 54,104,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the painter View Post
Hik, You have time to get rid of the boxes, dont kill yourself trying to do it all at once. You do need your rest, you have had a very tiring month or so. You won't enjoy anything if you end up in bed from exhaustion! Oh and watch out for the boxes when scurring around, I kicked one awhile back and broke my toe, not fun, and it slowed me down abunch lol
Hey you! I'm on my lunch break! I hope to be on tomorrow night, for sure, if not sooner.

I'm still keeping an eye on "your" house. If anyone comes to look at it, I'll scare them off!

I put another message on our chat thread.

I know I promised pics, but I still haven't put together the computer, and I have no idea where the camera is!

I have Friday and Saturday off. THANK GOODNESS!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:09 AM

6,196 posts, read 5,434,032 times
Thanks on the house, How long do you think you can scare people away??? It may be a long time here. The deal hit the --! The buyers agent is threatening a lawsuit, I cant put the house on the mls againn till this crazy women signs off...its a flippin' nightmare!!! I dont want to be involved in the suit, I just want to sell and get the heck out of here. My daughter had to register back at the school here for another semester, broke her heart not being at UT. Then we got her horse back and thats another story. So hearing about your beautiful home has been a welcome distraction if I may call it that... please keep us posted!!!!

Old 07-02-2008, 08:35 PM

390 posts, read 1,697,560 times
Wow! I need to come over to the Knoxville forum more often!!! Congratulations on your new house! Seems like there was a lot of drama getting there, but ur there! I am so happy for you, especially knowing how long you have wanted this! Praying for many happy years in your new home...

BTW....be on the look out for our own announcement in the next few days

Old 07-03-2008, 02:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachbyrd View Post
Wow! I need to come over to the Knoxville forum more often!!! Congratulations on your new house! Seems like there was a lot of drama getting there, but ur there! I am so happy for you, especially knowing how long you have wanted this! Praying for many happy years in your new home...

BTW....be on the look out for our own announcement in the next few days
Thanks!

Announcement? I can't wait!

Old 07-03-2008, 02:13 PM

38 posts, read 64,891 times
Default hik

checking Craigs list today, free table and chairs. Worth a look have a great 4th!
I may have some furniture left over when we get there on thr 15th. I wish I thought sooner had 5 garage sales leading up to the move, would have been glad to help out.

Old 07-03-2008, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksurvivor View Post
checking Craigs list today, free table and chairs. Worth a look have a great 4th!
I may have some furniture left over when we get there on thr 15th. I wish I thought sooner had 5 garage sales leading up to the move, would have been glad to help out.
Thank you! That would be great! I will check it out!

Old 07-04-2008, 02:42 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,531,800 times
Hello everyone!!!!!

I just wanted to pop in and wish everyone a very happy and safe 4th of July!!!! Have a wonderful time!!!!!!http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm127/fallfanatic/fireworks.gif (broken link)

Old 07-04-2008, 02:47 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,531,800 times
hik....I know you have a whole lot of things going on right now, but don't forget to just sit back and enjoy your new home!!! I wish I was already there then I could help you with your boxes and furnitue hunting but I would also make you just stop and sit on the porch with a giant glass of ice tea and enjoy what you've accomplished!!!!

<<<<BIG HUGS FOR YOU>>>>

Old 07-05-2008, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
hik....I know you have a whole lot of things going on right now, but don't forget to just sit back and enjoy your new home!!! I wish I was already there then I could help you with your boxes and furnitue hunting but I would also make you just stop and sit on the porch with a giant glass of ice tea and enjoy what you've accomplished!!!!

<<<<BIG HUGS FOR YOU>>>>
Thank you so much!

I never could understand why people on city-data would ask if there was a Lowe's where they were moving to, but now I understand!!!!! That place is like Disney World for homeowners!

I have honestly lost count of how many times we have been there since we bought the house.

So here's an update:

A guy that Fred does work for brought a BEAUTIFUL sofa, love seat and ottoman for the family room. They perfectly match the fireplace! His wife brought some lovely things for the house, including an antique frame and print from her mother who has since passed on. It was a stunning gesture.

SMG has offered to bring a desk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They also bought two-dozen Krispy Kremes if anyone is hungry!

We bought a washer and dryer and they were just delivered, so we are doing VERY well. Can you believe it????????????????????????????

I promise I will put pics on here today. I'm going to take them right now.

HUGS TO ALL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville