U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2008, 03:47 PM

5,530 posts, read 9,027,692 times
Quote:
Also, I'm guessing at the end of this summer we're going to learn that there is a downward turn in Tennessee tourism and travel, especially in East Tennessee.
Agreed. The regional tourism-promotion agencies are restructuring their targets to local vacationers more and more, according to various reports I'm reading.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2008, 06:05 PM

4 posts, read 10,215 times
Default Thanks!!

I have experience in the medical field as a medical secretary and biller, also plenty of customer service and even some retail. My fiance works in the automotive industry/test technician, and also has shipping/warehouse experience. We did send resumes out that way and only got one call back!

Although I know East Tennessee is where I am supposed to be I will have to do a bit more planning before I take the leap. If all provails I know I'll end up there someday!!

Thanks so much for all your responses!!

Old 06-19-2008, 10:17 PM

52 posts, read 136,969 times
Tancee,

What part of MN are you from?

Old 06-19-2008, 11:24 PM

77 posts, read 180,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlover View Post
Tancee,

What part of MN are you from?
I live in a suburb a little south of Saint Paul. Where are you?

Old 06-20-2008, 11:10 AM

52 posts, read 136,969 times
We live about 30 miles south on MSP on Hwy 52.

Old 06-25-2008, 12:40 AM

3 posts, read 4,426 times
Hi,
I am new at this so please bare with me! My recent research on knoxville future job growth is 30 %. That is awsome compared to southern IL---if this is correct! Job market I am interested in would be HR or sales, or Mgmt. Thank you

Old 06-25-2008, 12:43 AM

Default Misfit 38

You sound alot like me! Every time I visit TN I want to stay and I feel at home!! Good luck to you

Old 06-25-2008, 08:34 AM

15 posts, read 52,762 times
I am 24 and a recent graduate in biology. I spent a year trying to get some work other than a temp position. I finally gave in and just accepted a position in a call center. Now I love the company I work for and I enjoy my job. But I did not spend four years going to school in biology to get a job in a call center paying $10.75/hour while my friends up North are developing successful careers. I applied for a number of science-based positions but heard few responses and the one that I did hear from offered me $10/hr with no benefits. In fact, I was interviewed for that position but lost out to someone with a Master's in biology. I am planning on moving back north next year to get a graduate degree and to move to job markets with more to offer. People will say there are a lots of jobs in Knoxville. Either they don't know what they are talking about, or they are referring to call center jobs at Comcast, Talbots, US Cellular, and Jewelry TV, all of which are always hiring.

If you are really set on moving to Knoxville, find a job before you move, that's my suggestion.

Old 06-27-2008, 11:43 PM

HI, this is blueoceans-I am new at this!! In fact I have never chatted b-4--help is needed. I am a souothern IL girl looking to make a fresh start!! You mention SC and plenty of jobs-- where at in SC. thnx

Old 06-29-2008, 09:50 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,697,887 times
TVA is apparently hiring engineers for Watts Bar.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville