Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 PM

13 posts, read 99,932 times

Advertisements

I am currently 95% sure I am going to go to UofT next fall for grad school (I have to get in first... thats why I am 5% short) All these forums and things I have read make it seem like a great place but I had a few questions to ask to anyone with experience at the college or the area. I want to know if anyone knows and/or has experience with apartment complexes near the college with great schools as well because my son will be in first grade by then. Also can you just go apply to a school that is in your area? I am moving from NYC and when I leave I will have lived here for two years so I am looking for a quiet suburban setting. Not the country but not people outside your window 24/7. I only have 2 requirements near a starbucks and a walmart But I can't wait to get a new car and DRIVE again without having a breakdown so anywhere nearby is fine. Near shopping centers with daily needs is preferred. I would like to know apartment complexes people can personally recommend that are nearby relatively average in price and are clean/crime free. All apartments look nice when they are advertised so I wanted to know people's experiences at these places.

Also I am considering working for the Knoxville Police Department any advice on that? I was just wondering what you thought about how they run and whether you think its a good department.

Thanks for reading!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2009, 01:03 AM

1,012 posts, read 2,768,386 times
I would recommend Copper Point or any of the complexes on Gleason Rd. 5-10 minutes to campus, close to Wal-Mart, West Town Mall, Starbucks, etc. Suburban but convenient.

Old 05-03-2009, 01:47 AM

2 posts, read 5,202 times
The Knoxville Police Department is a great place to work. Our chief is very proactive, and we have great supervisors and opportunities. The training is top-notch and there are many career options. The selection process is hard, and right now we have 200+ people applying for only 30 spots a year. However alot of the senior officers are planning to retiring in the next few years, so there may be a hiring boom again. Any question email me at peyork2003@gmail.com. Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
View detailed profiles of: