U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 11:56 AM

41 posts, read 82,389 times

Advertisements

SO, I had a refrigerator delivered from Best Buy a week ago and the delivery man told me BBuy is going into Dumplin Creek/Valley. I hope he's right!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2008, 12:16 PM

52 posts, read 139,990 times
Sounds like it will be quite the place!

Here is their website. www.5881000.com/retail/dumplincreek.htm

Old 07-24-2008, 04:09 PM

9,088 posts, read 21,718,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TNTransplant06 View Post
SO, I had a refrigerator delivered from Best Buy a week ago and the delivery man told me BBuy is going into Dumplin Creek/Valley. I hope he's right!
They announced on the news last week that Best Buy is going into Turkey Creek even though it's not too far from Cedar Bluff (where the current Best Buy is located). Maybe that's what the delivery man meant?

Old 07-24-2008, 04:57 PM
Status: "You've grown up really crazy! - Eisley" (set 4 days ago)

21,686 posts, read 32,016,902 times
When is this thing suppose to be finished? It sounds great but I don't see any recent updates on their website. It would be nice to have our own Turkey Creek here, wouldn't it?

Old 07-25-2008, 10:26 AM

188 posts, read 349,822 times
They don't list the actual stores for Pebble Creek on that web site.

I recently talked to someone who had something to do with the development of these "Turkey Creeks". She said that Pebble Creek would be smaller. There are two different terms for the differing sizes... I forget... maybe Turkey Creek is a "Pavilion" and Pebble is a "Center"... anyway, they are two different plans.

A Best Buy would be nice... the rest of the stores I have heard of hold zero interest for me. At least I'd be able to hang out somewhere while she shops elsewhere.

Kelton

Old 07-25-2008, 12:03 PM

1,756 posts, read 2,468,440 times
If you'll notice, commercial development has slowed in our area. Not only Dumplin Creek, but in Halls at the new Walmart shopping center. Buildings have been paid for, the parking lot is done, but it seems they're waiting on a rebound before completion.

Old 09-11-2008, 06:02 PM

1 posts, read 1,827 times
Has anyone heard any updates on the dumplin creek project? After noticing major declines in production I'm beginning to worry this project is a bust. I live just a few miles from here and can not wait (if it happens) to benefit from all this place will bring.
A rumor has it Walmart pulled out and that started a chain reaction. Can anyone confirm?

Old 09-12-2008, 12:33 PM

1,012 posts, read 1,744,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exveerback View Post
Has anyone heard any updates on the dumplin creek project? After noticing major declines in production I'm beginning to worry this project is a bust. I live just a few miles from here and can not wait (if it happens) to benefit from all this place will bring.
A rumor has it Walmart pulled out and that started a chain reaction. Can anyone confirm?
From what I've heard its still on, it just may be longer to completion than previously expected .

Old 11-15-2008, 10:46 PM

52 posts, read 139,990 times
Default Dumplin Creek

What is the latest on this project? Does anyone know what stores are going in and when the mall will be open?

I am sure the current economy has slowed down the project and make some stores nervous about signing a lease

Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 PM

9,088 posts, read 21,718,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tnlover View Post
What is the latest on this project? Does anyone know what stores are going in and when the mall will be open?

I am sure the current economy has slowed down the project and make some stores nervous about signing a lease
It's not a mall, it's a big strip center. The only thing I've heard is that Wal-Mart recently announced it's scaled back the size of its planned store. Otherwise I don't think anything else has been announced.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville