Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 03:20 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times

Advertisements

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't worry. Everything will run smoothly! You don't have squatters!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2008, 01:48 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hiknapster View Post
congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't worry. Everything will run smoothly! You don't have squatters! :d:d:d:d

hahahahahaha :d

Old 08-02-2008, 05:28 AM

396 posts, read 1,310,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
UPDATE!!!

So he countered our offer, which, quite frankly, I expected him to. The house is really pretty much worth what he was asking...so I talked to hubby and we ACCEPTED the counter offer!!

Home inspection is being done on Tuesday @ 1:30, so as long as that goes well, settlement will be Sept 10, AND Amherst Elem. said all we need is the paperwork saying we are buying the house and it is no problem to get Josh in there from the start! YAY!!
Congrats Mysticfire and good luck with your move! I hope you didn't unpack too much.

LCG

Old 08-02-2008, 07:03 AM

3,897 posts, read 1,227,831 times
mysticfire, CONGRATULATIONS!!!! It sounds like everything is falling into place!! I am sooooo excited for you!! I'll be keeping my fingers and toes crossed on Tuesday and anxiously awaiting the results of your home inspection! As smoothly as things are going so far, I'm sure it will go perfectly!!! Sounds like another BIG PARTY is coming!!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticfire0213 View Post
UPDATE!!!

So he countered our offer, which, quite frankly, I expected him to. The house is really pretty much worth what he was asking...so I talked to hubby and we ACCEPTED the counter offer!!

Home inspection is being done on Tuesday @ 1:30, so as long as that goes well, settlement will be Sept 10, AND Amherst Elem. said all we need is the paperwork saying we are buying the house and it is no problem to get Josh in there from the start! YAY!!

Old 08-02-2008, 01:34 PM

2,063 posts, read 7,777,312 times
Congratulations Mysticfire and Mr. Mysticfire! I wish I had seen this sooner. Wishing you have a fast closing and uneventful move.

We also had a really good and very thorough inspector who found the house was as good as we had hoped. Bebette's advice was so right, as a house can be absolutely cosmetically perfect and still be a big stinker when it comes to more expensive and important underpinnings. My house was cosmetically not up to HGTV "updated" standards but it was soundly built and that makes me much happier feeling in the long run.

Old 08-02-2008, 02:19 PM

22,584 posts, read 54,262,993 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by J&Em View Post
My house was cosmetically not up to HGTV "updated" standards but it was soundly built and that makes me much happier feeling in the long run.
I bought my house for the same reasons. You can always cosmetically update it.

Old 08-02-2008, 06:32 PM

4,725 posts, read 10,131,557 times
Mysticfire, you are getting soooo close now!

That big "inspection day" hurdle can't come and go too fast for me! I hope yours goes just perfectly.

I totally agree with others who have said that it is the bones and guts of the house that are important. To me, I would rather have a diamond in the rough that I can doctor, shape up and create something of my own out of it.

Anyone can buy a house with that just decorated look, but still have a bummer of a house that leaks drafts in the winter, grows green stuff on the walls in the summer, has walls that look like the ends are a piece of licorice (Yes, we have had a house with a door jam that actually twist in a spiral from the floor up - warped framing!!), and toilets that always need the handles jiggled.

May your house have no such problems and be a jewel in your crown!

Old 08-03-2008, 12:18 PM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,328 times
Just a couple of days now....I am praying that all goes well with your inspection and you will be moving into your new home very soon!!!

I am so excited for you!!!!

Old 08-04-2008, 06:35 AM

811 posts, read 2,009,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallfanatic View Post
Just a couple of days now....I am praying that all goes well with your inspection and you will be moving into your new home very soon!!!

I am so excited for you!!!!

Thank you!! I will keep everyone posted --right now not much new, except the seller says if we want to close earlier, it's fine with him--due to finances coming in for the DP I don't think we'll be able to but it would be nice

We went to Lowe's yesterday to dream...and price a few things. Think I will be checking CL and the like for a used washer and dryer for now!

Old 08-05-2008, 08:43 AM

4,951 posts, read 2,537,328 times
Today's the inspection, right? I am looking forward to hear how everything goes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville