U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-03-2008, 08:12 AM

72 posts, read 166,722 times
Default Pumpkins...where to buy?

Does anyone know of a good place to buy pumpkins in either Knoxville, Sevierville, Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg? I need to buy a bunch for my upcoming wedding and am unfamiliar with these areas. Please help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2008, 09:32 AM

21,595 posts, read 29,615,620 times
Believe it or not, I got my pumpkins at Lowe's.

Old 10-03-2008, 09:44 AM

206 posts, read 420,721 times
Yep, Lowes, Home Depot and believe it or not Wal Mart has tons of them.. at least the one on Clinton Hwy does and they are pretty cheap too.
Congrads on your wedding.. I think Fall weddings are awesome!

Old 10-03-2008, 10:49 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,715,005 times
You'll find pumpkin patches and corn mazes starting to open. This one is in Sevierville:
Orchard in Sevierville, TN - Mountain View Orchard, We sell Apples, Pumpkins, Winter Squash, Sweet Potatoes, and More!
I'd suggest calling Mountain View and telling them what you want and asking for help putting it together.
If they can't help you, there are plenty of other pumpkin patches:
Pick Tennessee Products
In Knoxville, Messiah Lutheran Church on Kingston Pike sells pumpkins every year with the funds going to various charities including the Interfaith Health Clinic. They have very nice pumpkins in a variety of sizes. I usually stop and buy a couple. The church is located on KP between Papermill Drive and Wesley.
http://www.messiahknoxville.org/service

Old 10-03-2008, 11:06 AM

69 posts, read 167,599 times
There is a family in Knoxville at the intersection of Piney Grove Church Rd. and Middlebrook Pike that sells at a roadside stand in there front yard. They have been there for years, I remember going there as a kid to pick out our Pumpkin. They are reasonably priced and have a good selection. We have always called the old man there the Pumpkin Man, but I think they actually have a name for there farm stand.
Support your local agribusiness!

Old 10-03-2008, 11:33 AM

2,173 posts, read 4,715,005 times
And don't forget the farmers markets have pumpkins and a variety of squashes and gourds. Those are still running. There at Laurel Church on Kingston Pike at Cherokee Blvd. today, 3-6 p.m.
I was talking to some of the farmers there last week and they've have been thrilled with increased business this year. She said the only problem they have is that they sell out a lot faster than they had expected to. There's talk of extending the market into December with squashes and decorating greens and preserved stuff.
I've had a very delicious summer eating all the great fresh food.

Old 10-03-2008, 03:56 PM
BST

451 posts, read 679,290 times
The Sevierville Wal-Mart is probably your most-convenient place. It's on the parkway. There won't be anything in Gatlinburg...but you may find a road-side stand on Hwy 73 between Gatlinburg and Cosby. Pumpkins will be everywhere and nowhere at the same time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Tennessee > Knoxville